Job no: 500234
Work type: Full Time Faculty
Location: South Bend
Categories: Faculty - Nursing
|General Description of Position:
||Provide instruction (classes, labs, & clinicals) within PN program; assist academic administrators with curriculum development, student advising, program enrollment; provide institutional support and community service. Fully supports the College's mission and strategic plan initiatives.
Instruction: Deliver assigned classes in accordance with college loading policy and course objectives. Develop and maintain course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and other course materials. Maintain student records, attendance, grades, and other documentation as required. Maintain a safe, quality classroom/ lab, including equipment, supplies, inventory and maintenance. Professional Development: Participates in professional development or other activities that may include in-services, courses, or seminars to advance instructional and technical skills as well as knowledge within the field of study. Community Service: Participate in community service activities on behalf of the college to advance the college's relationships within its service area as appropriate for department/division. Institutional Support: Provide institutional support as expected by college administration that may include curriculum development, classroom management, accreditation efforts, committee and task force assignments, attendance at commencement or other activities that are college-wide or specific to the division/department of the faculty member. Advising: Provide student advising support as expected by college administration that may include assistance during pre-and regular registration periods and during posted office hours. Program Management: Maintain office hours in accordance with the faculty loading guidelines in the Academic Policies and Procedures Manual (APPM). Support Program Chair in program management activities. Other Functions: Assist in the recruitment of students. Develop community/industry contacts. Tools/Equipment Needed: Must have strong working knowledge of current technologies appropriate to area of instruction. The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
Anticipated start date: August 15, 2017.
A full-time faculty member in the PN program must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Registered Nurse and,
2. Possesses a current, unencumbered Indiana Registered Nurse license, and
3. The majority of faculty shall hold master's degrees in nursing.
4. Faculty with Bachelor's degrees in nursing must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Within one semester of initial appointment, must have a written academic plan of study for completion of a Master's degree in nursing, and
- Provides ongoing documentation (each semester) demonstrating matriculation towards completion of a Master's degree in nursing, and
- Continued employment of a person who does not hold a Master's degree in nursing shall be contingent upon documented progress towards their approved academic plan.
5. The majority of faculty must be full-time employees of the institution. ISBN Title 848 I-A-C 1-2-13.
College level teaching experience.
Selected candidate for employment will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including criminal history check, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.
Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the College students and employees.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Attach a cover letter, resume, and 3 references (names, address, phone number).
Copies of transcripts may be required at time of interview. Original hard copies of transcripts will be required at time of hire.
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend