Adjunct Faculty - Advanced automation and Robotics
Job no: 500314
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Gary, IN
Categories: Adjunct Faculty
|General Description of Position:
|| Adjunct Faculty positions are temporary, part-time positions hired each semester on an as-needed basis. The adjunct faculty member will be responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided by the Division.
- Perform all instructional duties necessary to teach and facilitate student learning in assigned classes.
- Provide syllabus appropriate to course(s) being taught to students and follows syllabus content and requirements.
- Maintain student attendance and grading records according to College policy as outlined in the Adjunct Handbook.
- Submits requested information within established timelines.
- Is available to students outside scheduled class time to answer questions/provide assistance.
- Deal with student concerns and, if necessary, consult with program coordinator to resolve issues.
- Meet all scheduled classes of contracted course(s).
- Use technology such as Blackboard, PowerPoint, etc. as appropriate.
- In event of emergency absence, notifies program/department chair.
Conduct all activities with an appreciation and respect for diversity of people, styles, and views. Promote same as an integral part of one's work.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position.
Must have strong working knowledge of current technologies appropriate to area of instruction. A qualified adjunct faculty member, including Dual Credit, Corporate College and a full time faculty teaching outside their discipline, meets the technical course standard through one of four routes:
- Meets the full time faculty discipline standard;
- Possesses a Department of Labor, Bureau for Apprenticeship Training recognized journeyman's card in the discipline directly related to credentials, certifications, and competencies listed in the Curriculum of Record (COR), and in journeyman status for two years or more with experience that is specifically linked to the competencies listed in the Curriculum of Record (COR)
And, possesses any specialized certifications required for the class being taught as indicated in the Curriculum of Record (COR);
- Possesses any specialized certifications or credentials required for the class being taught as indicated in the Curriculum of Record (COR)
And, 5 years directly related work experience in the field that is specifically linked to the competencies listed in the Curriculum of Record (COR);
- Possesses a current Workplace Specialist License granted by the Indiana Department of Education appropriate to course objectives and directly linked to credentials, certifications, and competencies listed in the Curriculum of Record (COR)
And, possesses any specialized certifications required for the class being taught as indicated in the Curriculum of Record (COR).
Position requires a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of college students and employees.
Official college transcripts required upon hiring, and employment contingent on acceptable criminal background checks.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
|| Copies of transcripts will be required at time of interview. Original transcripts will be required at time of hire.
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend