|General Description of Position:
|| Under the direction of the Director of Regional IT Operations, the IT System Administrator will perform the actions required to maintain the operating system and software deployments for all regional workstations following a schedule that meets the business needs. This position includes a membership in the Statewide System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) team with a responsibility of participating in projects and initiatives that increase functionality and stability of the statewide SCCM environment. This position will also maintain file and print servers including but not limited to security permissions, quotas, and folder structure. Responsible for managing regional software inventories. Conducts all activities with an appreciation and respect for diversity of people, styles, and views.
• Manage, schedule, and oversee deployment of SCCM images and software packages in a timely manner to meet business needs
• Create and maintain applications, collections, and advertisements in SCCM following the predefined statewide guidelines
• Maintain SCCM health including client and server, maintain device configuration backups and monitor logs
• Troubleshoot failed SCCM deployments and SCCM health issues
• Participate in after-hours support when issues arise
• Work with third-party vendors to support systems installed locally or hosted
• Resolve IT Helpdesk tickets within the Statewide SCCM queue accurately, timely, and the communication documented within tickets is complete and respectful
• Maintain file server health for the region(s) including operating system updates, redirected folders, departmental or group shares, quota management, and ensuring correct permissions
• Maintain print server health for the region(s), including operating system updates, producing regular reporting on print volumes, and provide input on right-sizing the print environment
• Integrates and maintains DHCP and DNS services
• Manage regional software request process, serving as a liaison between regional end users and the IT Director
• Assist IT Director with compliance and auditing of security guidelines for regional computer and technology services
• Provide backing to the IT Support Team in processing IT Helpdesk tickets to ensure that they are resolved in a timely manner and within the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
• Provide technical and user support and guidance in a positive and cooperative manner, exhibiting friendly, professional appearance and demeanor at all times
• Provide input to IT Support Team Lead on ways to improve operational efficiency, personal technical skills, and customer service skills of department
• Maintain a close working relationship with statewide OIT support teams
• Work effectively and diplomatically with peers and users, share expertise with peers, and encourage a team-oriented environment
• Develop and maintain documentation covering essential functions
• Deliver all services and support with a high level of customer service
• Participate in one or more statewide teams as needed
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in IT related field is required with one to three years’ work related experience or an associate degree or industry related certification along with three to four years’ related work experience.
• Excellent customer service, organizational and leadership skills
• Must have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated use of initiative and organizational abilities
• Ability to manage projects and objectives, meet deadlines, and track them continuously under minimal supervision
• Strong analytical abilities
• Strong ability to create and maintain documentation
• Ability to perform in high-pressure situations
• Ability to use discretion and confidentiality with access to sensitive data and local administrative access to all desktop equipment and data in the environment for the purpose of support
• Ability to stay calm in stressful situations, especially when dealing with demanding customers and/or upper management
• Microsoft System Center Administrator Manager 2012 environment
• Server infrastructure, administrator console, software distribution and software/hardware configuration
• Ability to add, remove and change programs available in the SCCM catalog
• Participate in the building and employment of Group Policy Objects to maintain and manage the internal environment
• Microsoft DHCP and DNS
• Microsoft Active Director
• Must be willing to travel as necessary
Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the College students and employees.
Fully supports the College’s mission and strategic plan initiatives.
Selected candidate for employment will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including criminal history check, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Attach a cover letter, resume, and 3 references (names, address, phone number, emails).
Copies of transcripts may be required at time of interview. Original hard copies of transcripts will be required at time of hire.