Online Technology Coordinator
Job no: 500957
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Madison, IN
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Information Technology, Other
|General Description of Position:
|| Performs duties related to coordinating all campus and statewide student services for online education courses, development and production of on-line instructional materials, faculty development for online education, and support for live online courses and Internet course support. Oversees all support for students taking on-line courses, works with site coordinators and faculty in ensuring efficient feedback to online students, and works with confidential student records and papers to ensure instructor feedback has occurred. Assists, prepares and advises faculty in the area of online education course preparation and course management.
• Coordinates all video and Internet student support for online courses.
• Maintains schedules for online education including video and the colleges content management system, and is responsible for campus coordination and support, including receive site information.
• Develops, produces and monitors all faculty materials, logistical support and student services prior to and during each semester.
• Functions as campus student liaison for Internet and video online education programs.
• Supports campus online student registration and advising, orientation, test proctoring and instructor contact.
• Works with supervisor and instructors to develop and produce student handbooks, syllabi, schedules, handouts and testing materials as needed, prior to and during telecourses, live online courses and Internet courses.
• Maintain relations with other regional and state site coordinators in improving online faculty and student support systems.
• Maintains flow of communications between faculty, site coordinators and students within an online course.
• Maintains, tracks and reports student enrollment and status, confidential back-up course records of attendance, grades and forms to and from sites for instructor and for student files in all online education courses.
• Provide all support and guidance in a positive and cooperative manner, exhibiting friendly, professional appearance and demeanor at all times
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
|| • One to three years’ work related experience is required
• Must have excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and communication skills and be able to provide service over the phone, through email or in person
• Ability to manage projects and objectives, meet deadlines, and track them continuously under minimal supervision
• Must be able to maintain professional relationships with peers and superiors
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
• Strong ability to create and maintain documentation
• Must show initiative in all activities
• Must be willing to seek and undertake additional training and/or earn industry standard certifications as needed
• Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Must be willing to travel as necessary
• Experience in a higher education environment is highly desirable
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend