Customer Service Expectation:
* Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving, and desire to identify and support student success.
* Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported
* Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student, or an internal or external customer, to identify the root cause of a problem, question, or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
* In collaboration and cooperation with the ASAP Director, develops regional goals and objectives related to the ASAP program that are in line with statewide initiatives and provides leadership in and/or carries out the implementation of these goals and objectives.
* Assists the ASAP Director in developing an annual budget.
* Assists in managing the budget, including student stipend/fellowship processing, enrichment funds, adjunct funds, etc.
* Works with other faculty and staff members to promote the value of diversity among students.
* Helps the Ivy Tech Foundation secure external funds by assisting in the grant writing process, as needed.
* In collaboration with program and regional campus leadership, identifies and effectively engages community stakeholders for student support and general programming needs.
* Collects/maintains student demographics, course eligibility information and performance indicators, i.e. EFC, loans, Financial Aid, stipends/fellowships, gender, Grit Scale score, high school transcription information, attendance, grade tracking, etc.
* Coordinates the welcome, end-of-year and term celebrations.
* Supervises work-study and/or clerical staff.
* Orders and maintains purchase requisitions of learning community materials and supplies.
* Coordinates the design and implementation of the enhanced cohort orientation experience.
* Works closely with ASAP Director to design program degree curriculum that is highly transferrable to four-year institutions in local regional area.
* Works closely with program chairs/deans to hire/appoint ASAP instructors.
* Coordinates block scheduling cohorts for ASAP.
* Meets regularly with instructors for implementation of integrative course work, assessment of student progress and identification of needed interventions.
* Designs and coordinates enrichment activities scheduled during the “flex” day of each week.
* Designs, organizes and executes ASAP candidate recruitment strategy.
* Assists regional Marketing and Communication department in the creation of program recruitment documents, i.e. application, promotional materials, mail merges, etc.
* Designs and executes campus-specific recruitment events, as appropriate.
* Collaborates with area high school guidance counselors in the student identification and selection process providing support with the assessment and financial aid components.
* Organizes and executes candidate interviews, as needed.
* Works with Admissions team to support enrollment efforts.
Student Support Mentor
* Serves as the student-support professional for campus-specific ASAP cohort(s).
* Using a holistic approach and an intrusive mentoring style, supports students through academic, social and personal challenges to successful program completion.
* Assists in helping to resolve life circumstances that inhibit student academic commitment.
* Works with additional college personnel, i.e., financial aid, registrar, academic support services, tutoring, library, student life, etc., to assist ASAP students with resources to promote their success and program completion.
* Provides leadership for student counseling, career counseling, transfer pathways, assessment and testing.
* Works with faculty teams to develop, communicate and assess individual intervention plans with ASAP students, as needed.
* Meets with each student at least once each 8-week term for individual mentoring and academic planning.
* Coordinates ordering and distribution of textbooks and learning materials, as needed.
* Complete graduation audits for students.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. Conduct all activities within the established guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).