Culinary Assistant Manager
Job no: 501408
Work type: Full Time Hourly
Location: Evansville, IN
Categories: Food Services, Other
|General purpose and scope of the position:
||Performs a wide range of duties involved with preparing and serving food for the campus café at Ivy Tech Community College.
• Complies with health and food safety standards and regulations.
• Prepares café for daily operations; sets up food service or kitchen area facilities, equipment and utensils under detailed instruction in accordance with specific needs; checks food temperatures and/or prepares areas for daily operation.
• Prepares or assists in preparation of hot and cold foods for café.
• Serves food to customers at counters or otherwise as instructed ensuring proper proportions are served.
• Replenishes foods, dishes, trays, etc. as necessary.
• Attends to day-to-day issues and needs concerning food supplies and storage; detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food.
• Attends to day-today issues and needs concerning supplies and equipment; detects defective equipment, supplies, and other unusual conditions.
• Cleans and maintains work areas, including facilities, utensils, and equipment.
• Washes pots, pans, or other serviceware ensuring sanitary handling; organizes and replaces serviceware to appropriate location.
• May provide catering services for on-campus activities.
• Oversees inventory and ordering of food and supplies.
• Performs cashiering duties utilizing Point of Service (POS) system.
• May provides guidance and training to other employees performing on behalf of the café.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
||Minimum of two-year degree in culinary arts or hospitality. One year of service in food service industry. Excellent customer service and organization skills required. Position requires a sensitive to and understanding of the diverse academic socio-economic, cultural and ethnic background of employees and customers.
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend