Customer Service Overriding Expectation:
* Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving and desire to identify and support student success.
* Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
* Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student, or an internal or external customer, and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
Major Gift Responsibilities:
* Directly responsible for the cultivation and solicitation of a portfolio of approximatley 100-150 individual and corporate giving prospects and suspects.
* Ability to understand the needs and interests of major gift donors and to create sustainable meaningful relationships with major gift donors
* Learn and convey the strategic goals and mission of Ivy Tech Community College and the Indianapolis campus/service area
* Develop and propose measurable goals and strategies for solicitation of major gifts, including:
1) Determining ongoing relationships with prospect/donor
2) Recommending specific purpose and level of gift
3) Identifying those to be involved in cultivation and subsequent solicitation
4) Assuring that solicitations are carried out.
* Make a minimum of 20 moves per month by participating in all aspects of the gift cycle including:
1) Initiate contacts with potential leadership and major gift donors
2) Develop appropriate cultivation strategies, including working with volunteers and board members
3) Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
4) Make solicitations when appropriate
5) Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition.
* Participate, as required, in Development team efforts including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for key prospects and internal planning efforts.
* Process documentation in Raiser's Edge to include action items, strategies and progress tracking. Work closely with other gift officers to insure effective coordination of effort with their programs and to reinforce the prospect relationship continuum.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).