· Provide vision, leadership and oversight for the Academic Advising Center and its intervention programs, advisor training, student tracking and monitoring, and assessment of advising activities within the region
· Lead development of innovative strategies utilizing new technologies to provide the highest level of student contact and service to contribute to the college’s student success goals
· Manage the Academic Advising Center’s budget, allocate personnel and fiscal resources, and conduct annual performance reviews of personnel
· Oversee development and delivery of regional training programs for professional advisors, faculty advisors, and/or peer advisors
· Develop and oversee standardized data reporting and administration of regional assessment strategies that address evaluation of practices and programs
· Demonstrate strong commitment to student development and success through advocacy, positive attitude, adaptability, approachability, problem solving, and support
· Demonstrate developmental academic advising that assists students in clarifying personal and academic career goals through the use of appropriate student development, human development, and student learning theories
· Assist students in interpreting and understanding placement scores, program curricula, and pre-requisites, etc.
· Assist students in gaining a basic understanding of the College’s registration process and processes that need to be completed prior to the beginning of each semester
· Maintain current knowledge of the institution’s academic programs, curriculum, practices and academic and student policies
· Coordinate with other Student Affairs and Academic Affairs areas to ensure accuracy of advising materials distributed to students, faculty, and staff
· Possess a working knowledge of the various types of student financial assistance programs
· Manage academic advising case load in a manner that promotes retention, persistence, and student success through proactive interactions and interventions
· Assist students in the development of an Academic Completion Plan
· Monitor student progress through regular meetings, communications, interventions, assessments, and data collection
· Maintain academic advising records in compliance with College and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
· Develop and maintain appropriate relationships with students, faculty, and staff
· Utilize a communication plan to engage the college community in the academic advising process
· Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued, supported, and respected
· Actively participate in professional development opportunities and professional organizations, as well as college-wide committees, etc.
The above list of duties should not be contrasted as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.