Job no: 501627
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Kokomo, IN
General Scope of position:
This position is responsible for the provision and supervision of all regional library services and Kokomo Testing Services. Additional responsibilities include working closely with the LRC Faculty Coordinator to provide and track services in the Learning Resource Center, including tutoring, and supervising the Testing Center Manager to provide placement assessment, Kokomo testing administration, and Workforce Certification Center testing.
1. Support the mission and goals of the College and the mission of the Ivy Tech libraries.
2. Supervise the manager and personnel of library and testing services and support all applicable aspects of assessment taking place in the testing center.
3. Provide qualified proctors and test administrators through supervision and support of the testing center manager, so that adequate and uniform training and professional development opportunities for staff are delivered.
4. Provide leadership in the implementation and continuation of services offered in service area testing centers.
5. Maintain appropriate technology and up-to-date software for all functions of the library and testing center.
6. Provide leadership for library services and coordinate with the Learning Resource Center to maintain staffing for both library and tutoring services for student programs.
7. Provide detailed reports of data that reflects the statistics, usage, and success of the work being done in the library and testing center.
8. Establish regional library/testing center procedures and administer relevant College policies.
9. Select, train, schedule, supervise, assign work to and evaluate library staff and supervise the selection, training, scheduling, work assigned to, and evaluation of testing center staff.
10. Develop the library collection so that it is consistent with current and anticipated instructional program needs and complies with the College collection development policy.
11. Develop and implement library instruction programs and materials.
12. Prepare and submit required reports.
13. Develop and manage library and testing center budgets, in coordination with the testing center manager.
14. Identify and communicate new methods or trends in information technology. Participate on the Statewide Library Committee and other regional and statewide College committees as assigned. Participation in professional organizations is desirable.
15. Participate in consortia and other cooperative efforts that serve Ivy Tech students and other community constituencies as possible.
16. Performs other duties as assigned consistent with commonly accepted practices.
Minimum Qualifications: Master's degree in Library Science required
Preferred Qualifications:Experience in library services, testing services, and computer technology preferred.
Other Requirements: Chosen candidate must pass a background screening.
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend