Development and Special Initiatives Coordinator
Job no: 501700
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Evansville, IN
|General Description of Position:
The Development and Special Initiatives Coordinator will provide administrative support and special initiatives coordination for the Foundation department. Administration and coordination activities includes a wide variety of tasks, including but not limited to reconciliation of general and special project expenses, processing contributions, generating grant, fiscal and other reports from the donor and fund management system database and financial systems, administrative support of events, coordination scholarship committee meetings and various other Foundation meetings.
- Maintain the operations calendar, support Foundation team (Executive Director of Resource Development and Director of Development) calendars and assist with travel arrangements for the Executive Director of Development (EDD).
- Enter contact reports, proposals, and other relevant donor information into the donor management system.
- Process donor contributions in the donor database and coordinate all support documents with EDD. These processes may involve working with Systems Office Foundation team.
- Research and resolve issues or discrepancies regarding donations, fund transfers, and new gift funds. Follow up with appropriate internal staff to confirm changes have been made.
- Provide administrative support functions such as, sorting and distributing mail, establishing and maintaining files, document management, preparing correspondence, maintaining office equipment, resolving hardware and software issues, ordering office supplies and maintaining adequate inventory levels, coordinating reimbursements for development staff and College,etc.
- Assist with event planning and execution of development events, including invitation mailings, maintaining RSVP lists, and logistics.
- Assit with marketing and communications for development department initiatives.
- Assist the Director of Development with the scholarship distribution and administration process.
- Collaborates with grant project managers to ensure grant milestones are being met and funds being utilized according to the grant agreement. Supports creation and submission of grant reports in conjunction with the project manager and development department.
- Acts as the liasion for new initiatives that are developed through donor funds or grants (i.e. School of Business Speaker series – ensures marketing materials reflect donor information, event invitations and marketing to external partners; Student retention and success programs)
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may also be assigned or duties that take priority for the overall needs of the department.
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Administration, Communications or other related field or equivalent work experience in the development/fundraising field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and work independently.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing with a variety of constituents.
- High ethical standards for fundraising and donor relations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality with information and financial transactions.
||$34,000 plus generous benefits
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend