Customer Service Overriding Expectation:
* Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy as demonstrated through a positive attitude of approach ability, adaptability, strong problem solving and desire to identify and support student success.
*Act as a liaison to staff/faculty/administration outside of the Office of the Registrar *Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
*Does not stop with the first or easiest answer to a customer, but gets to the root cause of the problem, question, or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible. Responsibilities:
*Scan, index and log student record data for electronic viewing.
*Monitor and respond to the Registrar’s Office generic email account and Parature tickets.
*Perform administrative duties for the Registrar and Assistant Registrars
*Compose, prepare and edit reports, correspondence, and material of both a general and confidential nature.
*Sort, file, distribute, and prioritize incoming mail for the Office of the Registrar.
*Determine daily priorities and anticipated workload.
*Conduct registration, change of enrollment/information and other student related enrollment activities
*Answer the telephone and screen or take accurate messages for the other staff and respond appropriately to inquiries from students, faculty, staff and the general public.
*Maintain, and search student confidential files for accuracy and completeness.
* Enters and corrects student information in student information system.
* Process incoming high school and college transcripts.
* Process enrollment verifications.
* Process loan deferments.
* Process/correct program, degree and specialty changes.
* Assist with admissions processing (regular admissions applications, guest student applications, high school and college assessment waivers, etc.), particularly during peak times for the various processes included.
*Assist with any Student Affairs projects (either inside or outside of the Registrar’s Office) in which additional assistance is needed.
* All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
* Ensure that you are abiding by the Registrar’s Office Team Expectations (provided annually to staff (copy attached) at all times. The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list.
Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
||•High School diploma or GED
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and attention to detail
* Data processing and advanced computer knowledge required (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
* Must be able to handle difficult situations and work under stress
* Lifting of boxed records, materials, and/or office equipment up to 25 pounds may be required
* Strong customer service skills are necessary
* Some travel required between the main campus and the Lawrence campus
* Must be able to work with and be responsible for confidential information.