Part-Time MUTC IT Support
Job no: 502118
Work type: Part Time Hourly
Location: Columbus, IN
Categories: Information Technology
|General Purpose and Scope of the position:
||Under the direction of the Full Time Faculty member, the IT Support Part Time position will provide support of the daily activities of the local IT Support Team. The position participates in the diverse job tasks of the IT Support Team, including, but not limited to support of general hardware and software, printers, projectors, networking equipment, and related IT equipment. The IT Technician assists staff, faculty, and students with the operation of classroom IT and instructional equipment, and conducts all activities with an appreciation and respect for diversity of people, styles, and viewpoints.
||• Manage the hardware, including servers, PCs, projectors, and networking hardware in two labs
• Provide student support during open lab hours and assist instructor during classes
• Provide technical and user support and guidance in a positive and cooperative manner, exhibiting friendly, professional appearance and demeanor at all times
• Follow regular equipment cleaning and maintenance schedules, and follow preventative measures as instructed to reduce downtime
• Assist in moving equipment as assigned
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
||AAS or higher in a computer-related field. Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
||May substitute equivalent experience and or certifications for degree. Must be proficient with current hardware and software technology. Professional experience preferred.
Any of the following certifications preferred: A+, Network+, CCENT, Security+
• Must possess good customer service and organizational skills
• Must possess strong written and oral communication skills and be able to provide service over the phone, through email or in person
• Must be proficient with current hardware and software technology
• Must maintain professional relationships with peers and superiors
• Ability to use discretion and confidentiality with access to sensitive data and local administrative access to all desktop equipment and data in the environment for the purpose of support
• Must be dependable
• Ability to stay calm in stressful situations
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
• Must be physically capable of climbing ladders and lifting up to 30 pounds repeatedly
• Must be willing to work nights and weekends as needed
• Must be willing to work on-site at Muscatatuck Urban Training Center
• Experience in a military environment is desirable
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend