1. Deliver assigned classes using pedagogy and technology that best support student learning, and in accordance with college loading policy, course objectives and program learning outcomes.
2. Develop and maintain curriculum and supporting course materials in keeping with and furtherance of course objectives and program learning outcomes.
3. Maintain student records, attendance, grades, and other documentation as required. Manage a classroom environment conducive to student learning and in adherence to federal, state, and college safety standards and practices.
4. Facilitate student achievement of expected program learning outcomes.
5. Use Learning Management System (e.g. Blackboard) to facilitate teaching, learning, assessment and communication.
II. RETENTION AND STUDENT SUCCESS
1. Provide academic-related coaching and academic monitoring to assigned student advisers in partnership with professional academic advising staff.
2. Monitor and document student performance throughout the semester, including use of technology for academic advising alerts; provide necessary interventions to include communication with students, tutoring and other academic supports, and referrals to appropriate college resources.
3. Maintain posted office hours and student engagement hours in accordance with regional expectations and the faculty loading policy in the Academic Support and Operations Manual (ASOM 7.2).
4. Promote and assist in student recruitment, retention, and successful completion of programs, including outreach to students by phone, technology tools, and other electronic means.
III. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
1. Participate in professional development activities that may include scheduled training, time spent onsite in related business and industries, and self-study to advance instructional and technical skills as well as current knowledge within the field of study.
2. Participate in scholarly activities related to the discipline/focus, in fulfillment of annual performance plans, and as required for certification and license.
3. Stay current in contemporary pedagogy, digital technology, and other technology related to teaching that best support student learning.
IV. COMMUNITY RELATIONS AND BUSINESS OUTREACH
1. Participate in community service activities on behalf of the college to advance the college’s relationships within its service area as appropriate for department/division/college.
2. Develop community/industry/business contacts to advance college relationships within service area as appropriate in the department and division.
V. INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT
1. Provide institutional support as requested by college administration such as participation on committees and task forces, projects related to college and program accreditation, and grant-related projects.
2. Participate in mentoring activities as arranged by regional administration.
3. Support and engage with Corporate College and Development (Ivy Tech Foundations).
4. Attend commencement and participate as assigned by campus administration.
5. Participate in college/campus-wide meetings and departmental/division/faculty meetings.
6. Adhere to college and campus academic policies.