Overriding Expectation of Customer Service
• Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving and desire to identify and support student success.
• Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
• Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student, or an internal or external customer, and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
• Perform all instructional duties necessary to teach assigned classes according to faculty loading guidelines.
• Conduct outreach, targeting at-risk populations, to create a supportive student environment and utilize the Centers for Working Families model.
• Facilitate workshops for students regarding both employment and financial skills/opportunities in the Indianapolis Area; engage in active outreach efforts to inform students of ERCC services.
• Work as a team member to provide services to students; participating in team meetings; tracking and reporting progress and outcomes of student clients; provide reports/data regarding employment and financial benchmarks on a timely basis.
• Develop relationships with community agencies and CWF partners to support student needs.
Coordination – Intake & Case Loads:
• Monitor and coordinate new student intakes ensuring timely services and follow up.
• Work with Assistant Director, Intake Office Staff, and Coaches to modify and improve intake procedures as appropriate.
• Collaborate with employment and financial coaches to maintain a balanced case load among coaching staff.
• Work with clients to complete a detailed financial assessment; provide financial wealth building and money management training for students.
• Develop plans of actions and provide tools, resources, and accountability to the client to help them meet their goals – help students develop proactive rather than reactive actions.
• Work with students to build or repair their credit history; develop asset building services for participants; assist students in applying for emergency aid and community resources.
• Work with students to complete a detailed employment assessment and plan.
• Make referrals to Career Development and identify key employment tools and resources to support student employment; assist students in resolving current life situations, while providing a wide lens on their employment to shift the approach to proactive management.
• Build effective and trusting relationships with students through continuous communication, evaluation of progress toward educational goals, and revision of the academic success plans.
Coaching Staff Development & Support:
• Stay abreast of coaching trends/practices at the local, regional, and national level.
• Actively engage with CWF coaching training; keep ERCC staff updated on changes.
• Provide supports and training for coaching staff to improve student support skills.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).