* Provide strong customer service and/or student advocacy as demonstrated through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem solving and desire to identify and support student success.
* Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
* Does not stop with the first or easiest answer to a customer, but gets to the root cause of the problem, question, or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
* Provide professional courteous and accurate customer service to students and their families, co-workers, and other agencies through verbal and/or written communications
* Meet with and advise current and prospective students and parents regarding the availability and the application process involved with all types of financial assistance, if escalated from the Student Services Professional (SSP)
* Maintain and search student confidential files for accuracy and completeness.
* Triage/referral to identify and resolve student issues, quickly and professionally.
* Organize and conduct financial aid workshops for students and staff, both on and off campus.
* Serve as back-up for financial aid processing during less-active enrollment periods
* Maintain accurate, auditable and complete student financial aid records.
* Process applications and other materials related to financial assistance, including student/parent loan applications, verification of information, certification of student eligibility and other forms of financial aid application materials.
* Package financial aid awards, disburse funds, notify students and agencies of disbursements and process necessary reports related to federal, state and institutional aid programs in a timely, efficient and professional manner, as needed.
* Review and/or maintain contacts with lenders and agencies regarding requirements and with student status
* Process forms for external agencies including but not limited to forms for housing, Income and Expense, Workforce Development and Vocational Rehabilitation
* Assist with the quality and consistency of department operations.
Leadership and Student Support:
* Organize and present at workshops such as orientations, College Goal Sunday, high school Financial Aid Nights, and other activities on campus designed for new and/or potential students, staff, and faculty
* Provide direct financial aid support for the EEC staff in person, via phone, via email or through other written requests
* Ongoing overall troubleshooting with internal and external customers to maximize customer service
* Provide training and assistance, as needed on financial aid processing and concepts
* Assist with the quality and consistency of department operations
* Maintain general knowledge of Admissions, Registration, Bursar, and general college information, and how they relate to financial aid
* Follow-up with RRC and EEC staff on the resolution of issues with students' accounts
* Respond in a professional and courteous manner to financial aid emails and requests from the EEC staff or students
Information Management and Technical Support
* Define, understand and use Banner screens as necessary
* Utilize email and/or other electronic communication methods for internal and external customers
* Process information that includes detail that is confidential in nature
* Respond to internal requests of report processes and clarification of data provided
* Review and make corrections as necessary based on reports provided
* Utilize office equipment to maximize efficiency within the department
* Research student information through various federal and state agency websites and databases
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights