Adjunct Faculty - Medical Assisting
Job no: 505179
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Evansville, IN
Categories: Adjunct Faculty
|General Description of Position:
||Adjunct Faculty are hired each semester on an as-needed basis. Adjunct Faculty are responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided.
- Facilitates student learning by delivering assigned classes in accordance with College policy and course objectives.
- Makes optimal use of available technology to enhance instructional methods.
- Develops/maintains course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and materials. Maintains accurate student records, grades, and other requirements.
- Engages with students in meaningful and productive ways that impact student learning and leads to a positive experience with Ivy Tech Community College, shows evidence of developing and implementing active classroom teaching strategies focused on engaging students with their learning (curricular).
- Interacts with students and co-workers in a professional and cooperative manner, complies with College policies, campus guidelines and expectations.
- Ensures knowledge of and implements emergency and safety procedures for classrooms, labs and all learning environments.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
A qualified adjunct faculty member teaching meets the program standard and has a minimum of one year of related work experience, OR meets all of the following criteria:
1. Possesses an earned associate degree from a regionally accredited institution, and
2. Has a minimum of one year of related work experience, and
3. Possesses one of the following:
· Current professional certification in the field or
· Completed academic preparation appropriate to the course being taught.
A qualified faculty member in medical assisting meets BOTH of the following criteria:
1. Possesses an earned baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution, and
2. Is current and competent in the MAERB Core Curriculum objectives included in their assigned teaching as evidenced by two years of directly related work experience and one of the following:
· Completed academic preparation appropriate to the program and/or discipline · Current professional certification in the field.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend