Assistant Director of K-12
Job no: 505305
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Indianapolis, IN
|General Description of Position:
|| Coordination of dual credit process for secondary students in CTE clusters and support student transition activities and events for area career technical education centers.
This position is soft-funded for 2 year periods with the possibility of renewal.
* Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving and desire to identify and support student success.
* Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
* Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student, or an internal or external customer, and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Serve as a liaison with area career center administration, faculty and students and Ivy Tech CTE program chairs, other dual credit coordinators and admissions staff as well as increase awareness of high school and career center faculty/staff regarding college curriculum and career opportunities for high school CTE students after graduation.
* Assist students with high school dual credit plans to include transferring from CTE clusters to degree completion on campus, track and provide placement support for graduating students in CTE clusters
* Track and support persistence through post-graduation contact and surveying
* Provide linkages to the CTE clusters that are available at Ivy Tech by coordinating campus visits and by involving career services and CTEprogram chairs in various means.
* Coordinate with Institutional Research staff and CTE cluster chairs and faculty to gather data on all students enrolled in internship, co-op, practicum, clinical and capstone courses
* Assist in guiding students through regulations and preparations for placement tests, create student ID numbers and assist high schools with administering ACCUPLACER
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All duties are to be carried out under the guidelines of FERPA.
||* Bachelor’s degree
* Excellent communication & organization skills
* Proficiency with all Microsoft applications
||* Master’s degree in a CTE area of study
* Some administrative or supervisory experience
* Experience in secondary education
Creative problem solver, work in a fast paced team, ability to work out of multiple offices.
Personnel will have a split day between office and assigned schools
Strong customer service with internal and external partners
Familiar and comfortable working in both the high school CTE and college environment.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend