Faculty - Medical Assisting
Job no: 505717
Work type: Full Time Faculty
Location: Indianapolis, IN
|General Description of Position:
||Provide supervision of students in the classroom and instruction within the Medical Assisting program. Functions include assist academic administrators with curriculum development, student advising/counseling; enhance program enrollment; provide college and community service.
* Deliver assigned classes in accordance with college loading policy and course objectives.
* Develop and maintain course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and other course materials.
* Maintain student records, attendance, grades, and other documentation as required. Maintain a safe, quality classroom/ lab, including equipment, supplies, inventory and maintenance.
* Participates in professional development or other activities that may include in-services, courses, or seminars to advance instructional and technical skills as well as knowledge within the field of study.
* Participate in community service activities on behalf of the college to advance the college's relationships within its service area as appropriate for department/division.
* Provide institutional support as expected by college administration that may include curriculum development, classroom management, accreditation efforts, committee and task force assignments, attendance at commencement or other activities that are college-wide or specific to the division/department of the faculty member.
* Provide student advising support as expected by college administration that may include assistance during pre-and regular registration periods and during posted office hours.
* Maintain office hours in accordance with the faculty loading guidelines in the Academic Policies and Procedures Manual (APPM).
* Support Program Chair in program management activities.
* Assist in the recruitment of students.
* Develop community/industry contacts.
* Must have strong working knowledge of current technologies appropriate to area of instruction.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
||* A qualified faculty member in Medical Assisting is one who has an earned baccalaureate or higher degree, from a regionally accredited institution, with academic preparation appropriate to the course(s) being taught, and has either two years of directly
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend