Part Time Peer Tutor and SI Coordinator
Job no: 505726
Work type: Part Time Hourly
Location: Lafayette, IN
|General Description of Position:
||Coordinates the Supplemental Instruction program and also the peer tutors working in the Learning Commons. Use available campus resources to support student learning of content covered in supported Math and Science courses. Stay current in course expectations by following course schedules for when testing and quizzing is to take place, as well as related Ivy Learn material and faculty guidelines for courses each part of term each semester.
* Recruits and trains student leaders as needed and evaluates student SI leaders and peer tutors each semester.
* Manages the day-to-day operations of the SI program. Tracks attendance and progress of students participating in SI study sessions and creates reports to share with faculty and administration related to impact of SI on learning.
* Builds and manages schedule for peer tutors for each part of term.
* Credentials peer tutors and ensures tutors remain current in course content.
* Manages the physical space of the Learning Commons and ensures that the user experience of peer tutors’ clients is of high quality.
* Works with peer tutors to ensure that they are enrolled in correct class(es) in IvyLearn and continue to learn new material and expand tutor credentials as time allows.
* Support peer tutors as they provide active learning and collaboration activities. i.e. using models, manipulatives or connecting peer tutors to faculty tutors if/as necessary.
* Respond to all inquiries and provide requested information as needed regarding Learning Commons, Supplemental Instruction, and Peer Tutoring.
* Review and approve time sheets for SI and peer tutors.
* Work with faculty throughout the year to recruit high performing students to work with SI and/or as peer tutors and maintain accurate class calendars.
Additional duties as necessary.
Conduct all activities with an appreciation and respect for diversity of people, styles, and views. Promote same as an integral part of one's work.
May include some required evening hours
||Bachelor's degree earned in any discipline and minimum of one year of demonstrated leadership or administration experience in an academic setting.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend