Job no: 505738
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Indianapolis, IN
|General Description of Position:
Responsibilities: Recruit qualified students for the Toyota T-TEN and GM-ASEP cooperative education, motorsports and motorcycle programs. The recruiting territory would include all of the state of Indiana, the Western edge of Ohio, and the southern portion of Michigan for the GM ASEP and Toyota T-TEN programs. For GM ASEP, Motorsports and Motorcycle repair this would also include northern Kentucky. Fully supports the College's mission and strategic plan initiatives.
- Deliver presentations to Career Centers, Vocational & Technical High Schools and other High School programs and events where students may have interest in the automotive industry.
- Collaborate with marketing and admissions to develop presentation materials that support the recruiting activities such as power points, videos, brochures, etc.
- Attend and/or present at various career days, auto shows, and racing events
- Develop relationships and co-op opportunities with Toyota and General Motors Dealers in the market areas.
- Provide information required for prospective students to successfully enter the college system, including but not limited to information regarding enrollment steps, financial aid, career services, assessment, and credit transfer.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with high school guidance counselors, administrators, community agencies and other stakeholders.
- Understand and use, Banner, CRM, and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to communicate effectively via email, IM and chat methods
- Use of PDA necessary for telephone, email and calendar scheduling while on recruitment duties.
- Coordinate and participate in on-campus visitation programs
- Attend college fairs within the local communities and in businesses as assigned
- Work with cross-section of co-workers from across the college to promote Ivy Tech program
- Work closely with the Office of Admission by attending scheduled recruitment meetings, recruitment reports and by completing any administration documents as needed.
- Understand and comply with college policies and procedures.
- Participates in professional development or other activities that may include in-services, courses, or seminars to advance skills as well as knowledge within the field of study.
- Support Program Chair in program management activities.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA.)
WORK HOURS or OTHER REQUIREMENTS
The work-week and work-day hours will vary. Example: Recruitment for fall and spring semesters may require varied times which include evenings or weekends to meet with potential students. The number of school visits would probably average around 40-50 different schools with follow up for some later in the school year.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two to three years of experience in recruitment, admissions, customer service, or relevant volunteer work involving diverse populations
- Must work on own initiative and be responsible for setting own appointments and be able to follow through on commitments to students, committees, and other commitments.
- Must possess significant knowledge and skill using electronic communication methods.
- Ability to project a positive college image through in-person interactions and electronic forums, maintaining superb professionalism and attention to detail.
- Must exhibit excellent grammar, punctuation, and language.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend