FT Hospitality Lab Tech
Job no: 505915
Work type: Full Time Hourly
Location: Evansville, IN
Categories: Food Services
|General Purpose and Scope of the Position:
Assist Chef Instructors with the preparation of equipment and food products for demonstrations and with the receipt, processing and storage, and distribution of culinary lab supplies, materials, and equipment. Insures sanitation standards set by the program chair are executed properly. Also requires word processing and filing duties. Constant communication with all hospitality program adjunct instructors.
- Assists in dispensing supplies to students in the culinary lab during training hours.
- Prepares necessary supplies and equipment for culinary laboratory training sessions during day and evening classes.
- Assists instructors with preparation of food, equipment and documents for demonstrations, lectures, and prepares necessary materials, handouts etc., for lab use by students.
- Prepares packages and labels products for storage.
- Assists with establishing and maintaining inventory systems for culinary laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Dismantles culinary laboratory equipment for cleaning.
- Assist with coordinating the delivering of services for special events.
- Orders culinary laboratory supplies.
- May assist advanced students with projects.
- Assists in the general maintenance of the culinary laboratory.
- Performs related work as required.
- Planning for internal catering events which may cause the weekly schedule to vary on ocassion
- ServSafe sanitation and related culinary laboratory procedural techniques.
- Stock intake, inventory procedures, and recordkeeping principles.
- Safe techniques for handling and storing perishable supplies.
- Safe techniques for the handling and maintenance of culinary lab equipment.
- Food service utensils, equipment, and food classification terminology.
- Prepare culinary laboratory demonstration products and equipment for instructor and student use.
- Understand mechanical functions of laboratory equipment and apparatuses.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Prepare and maintain records and inventories.
- Train and provide work direction to others.
- Perform basic computer applications.
- AAS Hospitality Administration and/or Culinary Arts
- Five years’ experience in the hospitality industry with a focus on culinary.
- ServSafe certified and knowledge of industry safety standards.
- Catering experience a plus.
- High School Diploma or G.ED. however work experience will suffice if working to complete a G.E.D. and planning to enroll in the Ivy Tech Hospitality Program
||This is a 12-month position. 50% or more of the assigned time will be after 5:00 p.m., and some weekend work may be necessary.
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend