1. Work with the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and School Vice President to support the College’s mission, strategic planning and College development initiatives.
2. Proactively link with business and industry in regards to current and future College curricula within the school.
3. Work with Vice Chancellor, School Vice President, individual program and department chairs, and other faculty to plan for curriculum development, modifications and deletions; set priorities for resource needs and provide program analysis.
4. Recommend instructional and general policies, conduct meetings to facilitate planning and collegial decision-making and to keep staff informed about issues and projects for the overall College instructional program.
5. Maintain current knowledge of trends and innovations in post-secondary education.
6. Participate in scholarly activities related to the discipline/focus.
7. Provide leadership for program improvement, development, and review and recommend changes to maintain relevance of academic programs and to meet student, business and industry, workforce and community needs.
8. Promote excellence in learning centered teaching and promote faculty engagement in scholarly activities.
9. Link the College’s Strategic Plan with School strategies, objectives and initiatives.
10. Ensure School’s compliance with applicable policies, accreditation standards and legal requirements.
1. Coordinate with Student Affairs and Marketing and Communications activities for student recruitment, advising, registration, retention, graduation and other promotional activities.
2. Develop secondary and post-secondary linkages, including the facilitation of high school-based dual credit initiatives.
3. Facilitate the development of course schedules conducive to student enrollment.
4. Participate in career services and alumni activities.
1. Develop and manage the School budget consistent with college policy and sound financial management principles.
2. Facilitate data-driven analysis of information regarding curriculum related matters.
3. Facilitate program review process in timely manner.
4. Identify and prioritize School needs, secure available funding, and strategically allocate and re-allocate resources.
5. Confer with faculty regarding ideas for program improvement to find resources for development through grants, College development initiatives and special projects.
6. Work with the Regional Development Office to identify and secure specific fundraising opportunities that support the priorities and needs of the School.
1. Interview and participate in selecting employees; orient, train, supervise, develop, evaluate, mentor, counsel, and terminate personnel according to established policies and procedures.
2. Facilitate assignment of faculty to classes, monitor schedules and workload for accuracy throughout the semester.
ADVISING AND STUDENT SUCCESS
1. Work with faculty and staff to assess students and continuously monitor their progress for success.
2. Ensure compliance with College policy to resolve student issues and assist faculty and staff to refer issues (student behavior, grade changes, etc.) to appropriate departments.
3. Provide student advising support as assigned.
INSTITUTIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICE
1. Participate in department, campus and college-wide committees.
2. Serve discipline by providing leadership and participation in appropriate professional associations and organizations.
1. Communicate with leaders in the private and public sectors and in educational agencies to determine needs for new courses and programs and establish advisory committees as appropriate.
2. Directly work with Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and School Vice President for promotion of the School and College development initiatives.
3. Facilitate academic partnerships between the School and four-year transfer institutions; assure maximum course articulation for students.
4. Participate and provide professional expertise to aid or lead organizations that create linkages between the college and the community.