Assistant Director of Finance
Job no: 505925
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Indianapolis, IN
|General Description of Position:
The position performs the accounting and financial service functions for programs funded by grants or special revenue. These functions include: preparing financial projections and budgets, actual v. budget reporting, reviewing/monitoring of individual grants and transactions for compliance with private, local, state and federal fund requirements, journal entries, and financial grant reporting. Position is required to verify budget proposals for grant applications.
The position supports Accounts Payable HUB in maintaing with in overseeing the regional process for all disbursements related to the purchase of regional supplies, equipment, and services in addition to disbursements related to contractual obligations.
Customer Service Overriding Expectation:
- Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving and desire to identify and support student success.
- Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
- Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student, or an internal or external customer, and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
- Ensure costs are appropriate, allowable and allocable.
- Researches issues and prepares necessary journal entries.
- Train Project Directors on grant financial account management.
- Works with Project Directors with necessary gathering of approvals for purchases and/or modifications
- Coordinate effort between Project Directors, EDF, Grants Management Office and Sponsored Programs
- Collaborates with Regional Development staff to effectiveldy meet donor expectations.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of all applicable fiscal reports for sponsored programs and ensures the timely submission thereof.
- Coordinates with key personnel at all levels to support proper and timely expenditure of grant funds in compliance with applicable guidelines and budget deadlines.
- Develops positive working relationships to foster a collaborative environment for grant coordination and oversight.
- Maintain grant and contract fiscal tracking, reporting, and compliance with regards to contractual obligations.
- Track and account for grant and contract assets, liabilities, revenues and expenditures in accordance with GAAP, contractual, and regulatory requirements.
- Administers direct supervision over accounts payable staff.
- Ensure proper transactions classification and payment processing as it relates to year-end cutoff.
- Ensures proper approval and processing of vendor invoices, and distribution of approved paperwork.
- Processes journal entries for expense reallocations.
- Reviews monthly reconciliation of depository account performed by Central Office and makes appropriate adjustments and/or corrections based on findings.
- Manages revolving fund, maintains record keeping of the Revolving funds, and provide full banking support to the Accounts Receivable team.
- Responsible for maintaining proper internal controls and ensuring compliance with College policies and procedures related to all purchasing and payment functions.
- Maintain good relations with outside vendors and respond to any questions concerning payments received or due from the College.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
* Bachelors degree
* Minimum of three years accounts payable experience, preferably in a college setting
* Minimum of tthree years of general accounting experience
* Proficient in Microsoft applications
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend