Part Time - Academic Support Associate
Job no: 505931
Work type: Part Time Hourly
Location: Indianapolis - Franklin, IN
|General Description of Position:
The basic function and purpose of the position is to deliver optimum customer service assistance to students including professionally answering phones, greeting students, addressing questions, referring to appropriate information sources, assisting students to find information on the website and reporting of student concerns. The position, working under minimal supervision, assures the effective Community Campus operation during the shift including equipment operation, room readiness, and safety. The position identifies and reports potential problems that may require resolution. The position serves as first point of contact and liaison for the host site organization to address day to day operational issues. The position assists faculty in resolving and reporting problems that may have been encountered. The position tracks and reports faculty attendance and communicates information to faculty as requested by Community Campus supervision. Occasionally, the position will be asked to distribute and collect feedback from students and staff. This position requires the staff member to be a continuous learner understanding key information about Ivy Tech Community College and Services. As part of the continuous learning the position stays connected with Community Campus supervision through email and Blackboard. As assigned, completes projects to aid in the effective operation of the department.
Customer Service Overriding Expectation:
- Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving and desire to identify and support student success.
- Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
- Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student, or an internal or external customer, and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
- Assures Effective Operation
- Problem Identification
- First Point of Contact and Liaison
- Faculty Assistance
- Attendance tracking
- Faculty Communication
- Continuous Learning
- Project Completion
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All duties are to be carried out under the guidelines of FERPA.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- This position requires, along with patience, diplomacy and confidentiality, excellent communication and organizational skills
- A basic level of computer proficiency (primarily Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, keyboarding)
- Experience in a customer service environment
- The ability to process verbal and numeric information accurately and quickly
- The ability to handle difficult situations to reach positive solutions
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to move around freely in an office environment, reach into filing cabinets and to lift and move up to 30 pounds
- This position requires an extremely dependable (timeliness and attendance) individual
- Some travel between campuses may be required to cover for vacations and absences.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend