Adjunct Faculty - Nursing Clinical Instructor for Medical-Surgical
Job no: 499816
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Sellersburg, IN
|General Description of Position:
|| Adjunct Faculty positions are temporary, part-time positions hired each semester on an as-needed basis. The adjunct faculty member will be responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided by the School.
Perform all instructional duties necessary to teach and facilitate student learning in assigned classes.
Provide syllabus appropriate to course(s) being taught to students and follows syllabus content and requirements.
Maintain student attendance and grading records according to College policy as outlined in the Adjunct Handbook.
Submits requested information within established timelines.
STUDENTS: Is available to students outside scheduled class time to answer questions/provide assistance. Deal with student concerns and, if necessary, consult with program coordinator to resolve issues.
INSTRUCTION: Meet all scheduled classes of contracted course(s). Use technology such as Blackboard, PowerPoint, etc. as appropriate. In event of emergency absence, notifies program/department chair. Conduct all activities with an appreciation and respect for diversity of people, styles, and views. Promote same as an integral part of one's work.
A full- or part-time faculty member in the ASN or PN program must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Registered Nurse and,
2. Possesses a current, unencumbered Indiana Registered Nurse license, and
3. The majority of faculty shall hold master’s degrees in nursing.
4. Faculty with Bachelor’s degrees in nursing must meet ALL of the following requirements: a. Within one semester of initial appointment, must have a written academic plan of study for completion of a Master’s degree in nursing, and b. Provides ongoing documentation (each semester) demonstrating matriculation towards completion of a Master’s degree in nursing, and c. Continued employment of a person who does not hold a Master’s degree in nursing shall be contingent upon documented progress towards their approved academic plan.
5. The majority of faculty must be full-time employees of the institution. ISBN Title 848 IA-C 1-2-13.
||Previous or current experience providing patient care in medical-surgical settings
||8 or 12 hour shift, days vary, local in-patient hospitals
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend