Adjunct Faculty - Nursing
Job no: 499883
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Categories: Adjunct Faculty - Nursing
|General Description of Position:
Adjunct Faculty are hired each semester on an as-needed basis. Adjunct Faculty are responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided.
- Facilitates student learning by delivering assigned classes in accordance with College policy and course objectives.
- Makes optimal use of available technology to enhance instructional methods.
- Develops/maintains course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and materials. Maintains accurate student records, grades, and other requirements.
- Engages with students in meaningful and productive ways that impact student learning and leads to a positive experience with Ivy Tech Community College, shows evidence of developing and implementing active classroom teaching strategies focused on engaging students with their learning (curricular).
- Interacts with students and co-workers in a professional and cooperative manner, complies with College policies, campus guidelines and expectations.
- Ensures knowledge of and implements emergency and safety procedures for classrooms, labs and all learning environments.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
Must have strong working knowledge of current technologies appropriate to area of instruction and meet faculty credentials as outlined in the ASOM 7.1 for the specific area(s) of instruction. Conducts all activities with an appreciation, respect, and promotion of diversity of people, styles, and views.
A part-time faculty member in the ASN or PN program must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Registered Nurse and,
2. Possesses a current, unencumbered Indiana Registered Nurse license, and
3. The majority of faculty shall hold master’s degrees in nursing.
4. Faculty with Bachelor’s degrees in nursing must meet ALL of the following requirements:
a. Within one semester of initial appointment, must have a written academic plan of study for completion of a Master’s degree in nursing, and
b. Provides ongoing documentation (each semester) demonstrating matriculation towards completion of a Master’s degree in nursing, and
c. Continued employment of a person who does not hold a Master’s degree in nursing shall be contingent upon documented progress towards their approved academic plan.
5. The majority of faculty must be full-time employees of the institution. ISBN Title 848 I- A-C 1-2-13.
Transcript copies required at time of interview. Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Selected candidate will be subject to background checks including criminal history check and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend