Faculty - Diesel
Job no: 505908
Work type: Full Time Faculty
Location: Indianapolis, IN
|General Description of Position:
||Provide quality and engaging instruction in all delivery methods and formats within specific academic programs; provide timely and meaningful feedback to students regarding the mastery of course and program learning outcomes; engage students outside of class in support of the curriculum and co-curriculum; provide institutional support and community service; participate meaningfully in student retention and completion initiatives; support the College’s mission and strategic plan initiatives; conform to campus expectations of faculty performance and engagement. (This is a grant position that through June 2020.)
* Deliver assigned classes in accordance with college loading policy and course objectives. Develop and maintain course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and other course materials.
* Maintain student records, attendance, grades, and other documentation as required. Maintain a safe, quality classroom/ lab, including equipment, supplies, inventory and maintenance.
* Attend and complete required GM Certification Training. Participate in professional development or other activities that may include in-services, courses, or seminars to advance instructional and technical skills as well as knowledge within the field of study.
* Participate in community service activities on behalf of the college to advance the college's relationships within its service area as appropriate for department/school.
* Provide institutional support as expected by college administration that may include curriculum development, classroom management, accreditation efforts, committee and task force assignments, attendance at commencement or other activities that are college-wide or specific to the school/department of the faculty member.
* Provide student advising support as expected by college administration that may include assistance during pre-and regular registration periods and during posted office hours.
* Maintain office hours in accordance with the faculty loading guidelines in the Academic Policies and Procedures Manual (APPM). Support Program Chair in program management activities.
An associate of applied science or higher degree in Automotive/Diesel Technology or a related field,
Minimum of 5 years hands on experience in Diesel Heavy Truck Service ASE Heavy Truck Certification. Previous teaching experience is a preferred, but not required.
Ability to lift equipment, components and perform service work as needed for instruction required.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend