Ivy Works Navigator-Caseworker
Job no: 506237
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Student Affairs/Student Services
|General Description of Position:
The Ivy Works Navigator (Caseworker) provides direct services to students participating in the Ivy Works (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – Employment and Training 50/50) program. This position promotes economic advancement for individuals who are low-income or unemployed, and eligible for food assistance through the EBT system. This relationship-based role screens, enrolls, supports, and problem solves with participants across Ivy Tech’s career pathway job training programs, coordinates the resources necessary for their success, and assist with job search and career readiness such as resume creation, interviewing, etc. The Ivy Works Navigator will have a comprehensive understanding of the SNAP third party partnership policies and procedures. The Ivy Works Navigator meets weekly with participants and reports weekly their attendance to FSSA. On a daily basis, the ideal candidate will execute case management and case maintenance activities for students (SNAP Clients) participating in the Ivy Works program.
||The duties for this position include but are not limited to:
• Partner with the Ivy Works team to seamlessly meet program goals:
• Implement and maintain processes to recruit, enroll, and track SNAP recipients to co-enroll in SNAP E&T opportunities per grant requirements.
• Maintain and manage a caseload of SNAP recipients participating in SNAP E&T in obtaining their employment/education goals, participant coaching and problem solving to remove barriers to success
• Maintain current and comprehensive knowledge of policy and procedures regarding SNAP third party partnerships
• Attend training related to SNAP Employment and Training sponsored by FSSA, USDA/Food and Nutrition Service, or other entities as needed.
• Document case note weekly participant status and goals
• Partner with Student Success Coordinator to report participants weekly attendance to FSSA.
• Participate in monthly progress call with FSSA.
• Stay current on county and state-level SNAP E&T program modifications to ensure integrity of programming.
• Attend Maximus Orientations with new participants.
• Assist with marketing and outreach for SNAP E&T programming at PPL.
• Assist with data entry and program evaluation projects as directed by Director.
• Work independently and cross-functionally within a broader team.
• Collaborate with community partners for recruitment, screening, training, client support, job search preparation, and retention supports.
• Maintain professional communication with participants, partners and co-workers.
• BA/BS degree in related field and 1 year of experience in Employment Services or other closely related field (additional education may substitute for experience and additional experience may substitute for education)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and follow through
• Demonstrated digital literacy and proficiency with technology, data, and databases
• Experience and desire to serve diverse cultures and adults with barriers
• Interest and ability to ‘meet people where they are at’ to provide services
• Ability to professionally interface with a variety of stakeholders, including but not limited to participants, cross program staff, nonprofit agencies
• Experience with community programs and resources, assessments, job search strategies
• Experience with coaching, crisis intervention, collaborative client relationships
• Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record as determined by our insurance carrier, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation
• SNAP program experience
• Ability to prioritize and organize several tasks.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the social and economic barriers of the diverse client population and the related impact on employability and self-sufficiency; employment barriers, the economically disadvantaged and behavioral issues.
• Ability to read, interpret, apply and explain the provisions of the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines governing agency operations and assigned unit activities.
• Ability to read, interpret and apply Federal, State and local social services programs, laws, statutes and regulations that affect eligibility for financial assistance, such as: worker's compensation, social security and unemployment insurance.
• Ability to gather and assemble items of information in accordance with established procedures, through questioning and observing individuals and by examining records and documents.
• Ability to communicate and maintain accurate records effectively both
Transcript copies required at interview. Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Selected candidate will be subject to background checks including criminal history check and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend