* Provide strong customer service and/or student advocacy as demonstrated through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem solving and desire to identify and support student success
* Act as a liaison to staff/faculty/administration outside of the Office of the Registrar
* Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported
* Does not stop with the first or the easiest answer to a customer, but gets to the root cause of the problem, question, or issue to solve it quickly and professionally as possible
* Demonstrate strong commitment to student development and success through advocacy, positive attitude, adaptability, approachability, problem solving, and support
* Demonstrate developmental academic advising that assists students in clarifying personal and academic career goals through the use of appropriate student development, human development, and student learning theories
* Assist students in interpreting and understanding placement scores, program curricula, and pre-requisites, etc.
* Assist students in gaining a basic understanding of the College's registration process and processes that need to be completed prior to the beginning of each semester
* Maintain current knowledge of the institution's academic programs, curriculum, practices and academic and student policies
* Coordinate with other Student Affairs and Academic Affairs areas to ensure accuracy of advising materials distributed to students, faculty, and staff
* Possess a working knowledge of the various types of student financial assistance programs
* Manage academic advising case load in a manner that promotes retention, persistence, and student success through proactive interactions and interventions
* Assist students in the development of an Individualized Academic Plan
* Monitor student progress through regular meetings, communications, interventions, assessments, and data collection
* Maintain academic advising records in compliance with College and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
* Develop and maintain appropriate relationships with students, faculty, and staff
* Utilize a communication plan to engage the college community in the academic advising process
* Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued, supported, and respected
* Actively participate in professional development opportunities and professional organizations, as well as college-wide committees, etc.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).