Throughout the term of the contract, the Head Coach responsibilities, includes but are not limited to:
• The Coach recognizes he/she is a highly visible representative of the College, whose conduct both on and off the field affects the reputation of the institution, the viability of its athletic programs and contracts, and the well-being of its student-athletes
• Responsible for overseeing the entire program, solely responsible for all planning, organizing practice and game strategies, recruiting, fundraising, and progress reports, but not limited to: the assignment of duties and responsibility of all assistant coaches and any other personnel assigned to the program
• Responsible for planning, coordinating, supervising and participating in the recruitment and off season training of student athletes for the program
• Support Ivy Tech’s high priority to the academic retention and achievement of our student athletes that participate in the athletic program. Coach must demonstrate the importance of academic progression and achievement of our student athletes at Ivy Tech Community College.
• Head Coach must become knowledgeable of the rules and regulations of any governing associations in which their team participates.
• Head Coach may have to perform additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Director of Student Life.
• Head Coach is responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervision of assigned sport fundraisers.
• Head Coach shall not spend more than 29 hours per week on the duties outlined herein.
• It is further understood and agreed that with regards to the duties identified above, Head Coach shall spend, at a minimum, 51% of his time on the actual teaching of the sports skills to the student athletes, including but not limited to teaching appropriate strategies, team concepts, physical health and safety.