Provides vision, leadership, coaching, and direction to all student success staff for the delivery of quality student development and services initiatives.
Plans, organizes, and administers all student development programs and services in concert with the College’s mission, purposes, and resources with special emphasis on student retention, completion, and student success goals.
Provides campus leadership that supports the academic mission of the College, fosters student development, and that promotes collaboration among multiple departments that supports student learning outside the classroom through extra-curricular and co-curricular activities.
Serves as the Campus advocate for students and ensures students’ voices are heard and given value within the institution.
Ensures delivery of services in the functional areas of student support services, which may include advising, career services, disability support services, judicial affairs and Title IX, student life, leadership and development, wrap around services, mentoring and coaching, counseling, and other non-instructional programs and services; adheres to the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS) guidelines.
Serves as the Campus’ chief judicial officer.
In collaboration with other campus leaders and Systems Office staff, develops an inclusive and safe environment that promotes and values diversity.
Collaborates with all campus departments to meet the needs of the Campus and College in the execution of the College mission and vision.
Develops, implements, and evaluates a comprehensive student support plan which includes student retention, completion and success strategies.
Ensures compliance, including preparing and submitting reports, with College policies, procedures, and requirements established by legal statutes, board policies, and administrative decisions; interprets and enforces external agencies regulations, policies, and practices (Department of Education Title IV, FERPA, Clery Act, etc.).
Serves on local and statewide committees associated with job functions, or representing the College as needed.
Provides real-time persistence and retention reports consistent with those shared with college leadership at other campuses and Systems Offices.
As a member of the Chancellor’s cabinet:
• Assures assessment of functional area needs, investigates and develops alternative strategies, establishes priorities and goals, recommends implementation activities, and evaluates progress.
• Oversees the development and administration of budgets for each functional area, and determines priorities for expenditures
• Serving as a model for strong leadership, develops and supports the Campus culture of team collaboration and commitment to delivering high quality services and outcomes, by being student- and employee-centered.
• Builds and sustains a process-managed organization and culture that delivers measurable value for the organization targeting efficiency and cost optimization in functional areas.
• Collaborates with other cabinet members to implement the College strategic plan across the campus service area. Executes strategic initiatives and resource allocation at a local level to achieve college-wide and campus-level metrics.
• Creates and maintains an environment where planning, development, and delivery of services for students occur in a creative and effective manner that fosters cultural and global awareness.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.