Business Office Coordinator
Job no: 506426
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: South Bend/Elkhart, IN
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Office/Clerical
|General Description of Position:
||This position provides supervision of office staff and the coordination of Bursar Office and assists with Express Enrollment operations. This position reports to the Bursar and indirectly to Vice Chancellors. This position will be located in South Bend with travel expectations to Elkhart County location
• Organizes and coordinates the front desk operations of the Elkhart and South Bend campus Bursar Office transactions.
• Supervises hourly staff while maintaining a high standard of customer service.
• Provide assistance to prospective and current students covering a wide range of detailed information.
• Answer questions and help students complete online processes as needed.
• Maintain proper internal controls and ensuring compliance with College policies and procedures within unit.
• Handles various Bursar Office functions according to regional practices established through the Bursar and Executive Director of Finance and Administration.
• Responsible for creating, reviewing payment plans and making sure payments are current and follow up with those that are late.
• Interacts with students regarding questions or issues with student accounts and student status and maintains communication with Bursar and Associate Vice Chancellors.
• Communicates with students regarding outstanding balances. Make phone calls, send emails and/or written letter.
• Responsible for daily cash balancing reconciliation, preparation and input of CRF and CTL as required by College Policy.
• Responsible for administering transcripts and receipt of payment for transcript requests.
• Researches and resolves International Travel and International student charges/discrepancies.
• Responsible for updating accounts receivable holds on student accounts.
• Reviews and processes all student refund checks each term for the service area.
• Determines student eligibility for House Accounts. Prepares all South Bend-Elkhart House Account Requests and reconciles invoice to student accounts.
• Posts Outside (3rd Party) scholarships received on the South Bend-Elkhart campus in compliance with the scholarships and returns any unused portions.
• Processes Non-Pay reinstatement forms for South Bend-Elkhart Students.
• Posts Journal Entries as needed.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
||Associate's degree in a business, accounting or finance or equivalent work experience required. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and internet.
Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
Fluent in Spanish
Selected candidate for employment will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including criminal history check, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.
Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the College students and employees.
||Monday - Friday, occasional Saturday
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Attach a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references (names, address, phone number).
Copies of transcripts may be required at time of interview. Original hard copies of transcripts will be required at time of hire.
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend