1. Deliver assigned classes in accordance with College loading policy and course objectives.
2. Develop and maintain course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and other course materials.
3. Maintain student records, attendance, grades, and other documentation as required. Maintain a safe, quality classroom/ lab, including equipment, supplies, inventory and maintenance.
CURRICULUM AND PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
1. Work with individual program and department chairs and other faculty to plan for curriculum development, modifications, and deletions; set priorities for resource needs; and provide program analysis.
2. Ensure linkage of programs and curricula to needs of applicable healthcare sector(s) and current and future workforce needs.
3. Facilitate maintenance of relevant curriculum appropriate to the college mission.
4. Work with faculty to identify and implement Student Learning Outcomes.
1. Coordinate with Student Affairs and Marketing and Communications activities for student recruitment, advising, registration, retention, graduation and other promotional activities.
2. Develop secondary and post-secondary linkages, including the facilitation of high school-based dual credit initiatives.
3. Facilitate the development of course schedules conducive to student enrollment.
4. Participate in career services and alumni activities.
1. Develop and manage the School budget consistent with college policy and sound financial management principles.
2. Facilitate data-driven analysis of information regarding curriculum related matters.
3. Facilitate program review process in a timely manner.
4. Identify and prioritize School needs, secure available funding, and strategically allocate and re-allocate resources.
5. Confer with faculty regarding ideas for program improvement to find resources for development through grants, College development initiatives and special projects. 6. Work with the Campus Development Office to identify specific fundraising opportunities that support the priorities and needs of the School.
1. Interview and participate in selecting employees; orient, train, supervise, develop, evaluate, mentor, counsel, discipline and terminate personnel according to established policies and procedures.
2. Facilitate assignment of faculty to classes, monitor schedules and workload for accuracy throughout the semester.
ADVISING AND STUDENT SUCCESS
1. Work with faculty and staff to assess students and continuously monitor their progress for success.
2. Ensure compliance with College policy to resolve student issues and assist faculty and staff to refer issues (student behavior, grade changes, etc.) to appropriate departments.
3. Provide student advising support as applicable.
INSTITUTIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICE
1. Participate in School, campus and college-wide committees.
2. Serve discipline by providing leadership and participation in appropriate professional associations and organizations.
1. Communicate with leaders in the private and public sectors and in educational agencies to determine needs for new courses and programs and establish advisory committees as appropriate.
2. Directly work with the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Associate Vice President for Nursing Education for promotion of the School and College development initiatives.
3. Facilitate academic partnerships between the School and four-year transfer institutions; assure maximum course articulation for students.
4. Participate and provide professional expertise to aid or lead organizations that create linkages between the college and the community.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.