Executive Assistant to the Dean
Job no: 506433
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Indianapolis, IN
|General Description of Position:
||The Executive Assistant for the School of Liberal Arts & Sciences serves as assistant to the Dean and admin support for the division.
* Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
* Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student, or an internal or external customer, and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
Senior Administrative Assistant
* Directing all inquiries from students, staff and faculty appropriately.
* Provide sole office support as necessary, assist dean in providing administrative oversight of all divisional functions, coordination of secretarial work for division.
* Prepare and submit for payment all adjunct faculty and overload contracts, data entry and maintenance of courses and instructor assignments, assist room scheduler in placing classes
* Monitor S & E budget.
* Participate in divisional planning, attend regular meetings to take notes for typing and distribution, maintain required data records, correspondence and calendars, serve as liaison to the staff and faculty, tracking use and maintenance on all departmental copiers and printers.
The department assistant:
* Is crucial for administration and coordination of all of the above and office details such as being a front person by greeting and accommodating students as well as visitors to the department (ex., publishing company reps, college administrators, other campus personnel), especially when all instructors including the chair are teaching or busy with students in their offices.
* Handles phone calls either to answer the callers or direct them to appropriate personnel.
* Handles cancellation of classes when instructors cannot attend classes and posting appropriate signs.
* Distributes and collects different forms especially time-sensitive forms.
* Responsible for producing reports requested by the academic dean.
* Takes minutes of department meetings and pursue follow-ups when needed.
* Updates faculty on department activities, when needed.
* Assists with division activities when needed.
* Attends departmental and division functions
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
||* High School Diploma or equivalent GED.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills, and a high level of computer proficiency (including Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook)
* Ability to work efficiently and effectively as a team member.
||* Associate degree in Office Admin. or a related field preferred.
* 2 years work experience in this field preferred.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend