|General Description of Position:
A Library Assistant II works with limited supervision and performs moderately complex clerical
and technical support duties, including all duties for Library Assistant l. A Library Assistant ll must have a thorough knowledge of library policies and procedures and make some independent judgments in applying those policies and procedures.
Customer Service Overriding Expectation:
* Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving and desire to identify and support student success.
* Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
* Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student, or an internal or external customer, and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
- Work with Interlibrary Loan software. Perform such duties as: verify ILL items, refer ILL requests,
reply to ILL requests
- Work with e-mail software. Perform such duties as: organize and maintain e-mail folders of ILL
requests, reply to requests, print ILL requests, reply to status checks, etc.
- Work with spreadsheets software. Perform such duties as: run reports, compile interlibrary loan
statistics, perform routine office procedures, etc.
- Work with system and statewide delivery. Perform such duties as ensure materials are labeled
properly, troubleshoot delivery problems, answer questions for libraries, fill requests for routing
- Refer bills for long overdue notices to administrative staff to invoice the borrowing libraries.
- Catalog library materials
- Maintain supply stocks in areas of responsibility
- Provide routine clerical support.
- Assist users with library resources in both print and electronic formats including books and library databases.
- Provide basic computer support including Campus Connect, Windows Office, email, and Internet applications.
- Perform routine technical service and circulation duties.
- Perform routine collection maintenance duties including shelving books, straightening, and organizing.
- Sort and file materials alphabetically and numerically.
- Perform various housekeeping tasks such as dusting shelves, straightening library appearance, watering plants.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All duties are to be carried out under the guidelines of FERPA.