North Lawrence Career Center College and Career Coach
Job no: 506520
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Bloomington, IN, Bloomington - Bedford, IN
Categories: Student Affairs/Student Services
|General purpose and scope of the position:
||The College and Career Coach will work to improve the number of students pursuing a strong postsecondary pathway, which could include technical certifications, associate degrees and other postsecondary degrees with a focus on career and technical education (CTE) at the North Lawrence Career Center in Bedford. The position will plan and implement outreach services in conjunction with industry representatives, school corporations, and postsecondary institutions. This work is aimed at helping students define their career aspirations and to recognize technical and community college programs that can help them achieve their educational and career goals.
||1. Provide regular career counseling for high school students to help them discover fulfilling, successful careers.
2. Work with students individually to complete a Career Interest Inventory, and postsecondary education plan all designed to meet career/employability goals.
3. Prepare and share information on career exploration and job market statistics to facilitate student’s postsecondary planning.
4. Develop a strategic plan to guide them through their high school and college years and achieve their career goals.
5. Maintains liaisons with postsecondary institutions, employers, community leaders and organizations for the purpose of building resources and expanding program opportunities for students.
6. Coordinate career learning activities (such as mock interviews, financial literacy training, and college or industry visits).
7. Maintain intensive focus on work ethic and soft skill training
8. Implement workshops to assist students and their guardians in developing informed and attainable plans for higher education and career.
9. Assist with professional resume writing.
10. Communicate in writing and through regularly scheduled meetings with Ivy Tech staff and high school/career center administration.
11. Serve as an Ivy Tech Community College representative in the high school/career center.
12. Travel between high school and Ivy Tech Community College Bloomington is required.
13. The position will co-report to the Director of K-14 Initiatives at Ivy Tech Community College Bloomington and an administrator from the North Lawrence Career Center.
14. The position will spend several months post initial hire on the Ivy Tech Community College Bloomington campus to receive comprehensive training around the College and Career Coach role. Additionally, the position will work on the Ivy Tech Community College Bloomington campus when the Career Center is closed for summer break, winter break, etc.
15. All other duties as assigned.
||• Bachelor's degree required.
• Previous experience in advising, career counseling, recruiting, teaching or student services preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills required.
• Must have the ability to:
o work with diverse populations
o work independently without direct supervision
o initiate and balance multiple work projects.
o work both independently and collaboratively with a team.
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend