Assistant Director/Coordinator of Interpreting and Assistive Technology
Job no: 506601
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Indianapolis, IN
|General Description of Position:
||The purpose of this position is to coordinate approved technology and accommodations in the classroom for students with disabilities at NMC and the Lawrence campuses. This would include interpreting services, technology needs in the classroom, other in-class accommodations. This position is also responsible for all materials in alternative format including books, tests, and class notes. This position will also provide additional support services within DSS to students with disabilities as needed.
||* Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving and desire to identify and support student success.
* Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
* Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student, or an internal or external customer, and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible
* Coordinate all in-class needs for students including software, technology, interpreters, and other tangible needs.
* Coordinate the provision of textbooks in alternative format. Procure books in alternative format from publishers if possible or create alternative format material by scanning and recording books. Create tests and in-class notes in alternative format.
* Provide Disability Support Services information and participate in intake appointments with new DSS students. Provide advising services to assist students in appropriate course placement.
* Work with Assistant Director of Tutoring to coordinate tutoring sessions for students with disabilities that need one-on-one attention. Coordinate with lab assistant in DSS to ensure proper training for students on adaptive equipment and software such as Kurzweil, Jaws and ViaVoice.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All duties are to be carried out under the guidelines of FERPA.
||* A Bachelor's degree in education or related field
* Candidate must possess patience and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a diverse population
* Good customer service and interpersonal communication skill to work effectively.
||* A Minimum of one year of relevant experience demonstrating leadership qualities
* Basic knowledge of office related computer software
* Experience working in an academic environment with a diverse population
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend