Adjunct Faculty-Hospitality (Anderson Campus)
Job no: 506702
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Anderson, IN
Categories: Adjunct Faculty
|General Description of Position:
Ivy Tech Community College is a community based technical college which places primary emphasis on excellence in the classroom instruction. Faculty members are expected to demonstrate and maintain competence in each of the following areas throughout their employment at the college.
- Mastery of Subject Matter
- Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of the field or discipline.
- Display an ability to interpret and evaluate theories in the field or discipline.
- Connect subject matter with related fields.
- Stay current in subject matter through professional development.
- Teaching Performance
- Plan and organize instruction in ways which maximize student learning.
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies.
- Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student’s needs.
- Employ available instructional technology when appropriate.
- Encourage the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments.
- Communicate subject matter to students.
- Contribute to the selection and development of instructional materials.
- Support classroom efforts to promote student success.
- Evaluation of Student Learning
- Establish and adhere to learning objectives.
- Develop evaluation methods which fairly measure student progress toward objectives.
- Evaluate and return student work to promote maximum learning.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress.
- Submit final grade rosters, grade books and attendance rosters to division administrators each semester according to established deadlines.
- Support of College Policies and Procedures
- Meet scheduled classes in accordance with college policy.
- Prepare, distribute and submit syllabi approved course outlines for all assigned sections in accordance with program and divisional policies.
- Maintain confidentiality of student information.
- Exercise stewardship of College facilities and materials.
- Participation in College, Division and Program Activities
- Respond, in a timely fashion, to information requests from College, division and program administrators.
- Contribute, when appropriate, to program and division curriculum development processes. Attend program, divisional and College meetings and events as feasible.
- Contribution to the Growth and Enhancement of College Mission and Programs
- Maintain familiarity with College goals, mission and long-range plans.
- Contribute to planning and development processes where appropriate.
HOSP 104 Course Standard:
A qualified faculty member teaching HOSP 104 meets the course standard through one of the following routes:
1. Possesses an earned associate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution, with professional certification in the field with two or more years of directly related work experiences, or
2. Possess a Workplace Specialist License granted by the Indiana Department of Education in Occupational Family and Consumer sciences: Culinary Arts and Food Service Management Occupations
HOSP 102 Course Standard:
A qualified faculty member teaching HOSP 102, 105 meets the course standard through one of two routes:
1. Holds professional certification in the field with two or more years of directly related work experience, or
2. Possesses a Workplace Specialist License granted by the Indiana Department of Education in Occupational Family and Consumer Sciences: Culinary Arts and Food Service Management Occupations
1. Possess an earned Bachelor or higher degree from an accredited institution, and
2. Completed academic preparation and/or work experience appropriate to the program being taught, and
3. Holds professional certification in the field
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend