Director of IT Operations
Job no: 506813
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Bloomington, IN
Categories: Executive/Director/Management, Information Technology
|General Description of Position:
||Under the direction of the Executive Director of IT Operations, the Director of IT Operations will provide leadership over the technical staff responsible for IT service delivery at the campus. Serve as the primary point of contact between campus leadership and OIT. Maintain a high level of customer service excellence. Participates in budgeting, capital equipment processes, and quality improvement activities for the organization. Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner. Implement and adhere to college-wide technical policies, objectives, and methods. Conducts all activities with an appreciation and respect for diversity of people, styles, and views.
• Oversee and support all aspects of IT operations and service delivery within the assigned campus or campuses.
• Maintain constant communication with the Executive Director of IT Operations, IT Support Team Lead, IT System Administrator, and IT Network Administrator, providing strong leadership that promotes and supports compliance of the statewide OIT goals.
• Maintain constant communication with the Campus Chancellor and campus leadership to improve IT service delivery at the campus, and serve as the point of contact between campus leadership and OIT.
• Where appropriate, serve on campus cabinets, boards, special committees, and statewide OIT teams.
• Recruit, manage, lead, and coach all members of the campus IT team, both direct and indirect reports. Create and maintain a team atmosphere with excellent customer service.
• Provide technical advice on technology related services that fall outside the scope of OIT, and where appropriate engage additional OIT resources for assistance.
• Manage team projects to a successful conclusion, utilizing structured project management methodologies.
• Manage change control processes in accordance with college-wide change control procedures as it applies to OIT services.
• Manage inventory of hardware and software assets in accordance with statewide OIT procedures.
• Participate in the OIT budget process and technology related expenditures by the campus or campuses
• Manage campus helpdesk tickets to ensure that they are resolved within the Service Level Agreement (SLA). Provide corrective action to team and or individual as needed.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• One to three years’ supervisory experience supporting IT environments including but not limited to asset management, budget management, configuration management, and software distribution.
• Must have excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation communication skills along with excellent customer service, organizational and leadership skills.
• Ability to lead, encourage, and influence others to perform, ability to self-lead and take initiative.
• Ability to manage multiple strategic projects and objectives, meet deadlines, and track them continuously under minimal supervision.
• Ability to use discretion and confidentiality with access to sensitive data and local administrative access to all desktop equipment and data in the environment for the purpose of support.
• Ability to frame issues based on policy implications associated with managing a technical discipline.
• Demonstrated abilities in change management and process re-engineering
• Understand the enterprise interrelation of IT components, wired and wireless networks, VoIP, Active Directory, LDAP, information security, familiarity with advanced desktop management tools such as SCCM and WSUS, and advanced IT trouble-shooting skills. Ability to improve efficiency by automating tasks
• Must be willing to travel as necessary
||Experience in a higher education environment is highly desirable.
||$60,000 - $70,000
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend