|General Description of Position:
||Serves as principal academic and administrative leader of the designated academic School working to achieve the College's mission and strategic plan initiatives. The Dean has the responsibility for planning, budgeting, scheduling, staffing, curriculum, instruction, and other academic matters. This position actively represents the School and the College to students, parents, professional organizations, secondary and post secondary articulation partners, business and industry and other relevant constituencies. The Dean may deliver assigned classes in accordance with College loading policy and course objectives as needed. This position performs all of the essential functions as identified below.
||Customer Service Overriding Expectation:
* Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving and desire to identify and support student success.
* Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
* Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student, or an internal or external customer, and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
* Work with the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs to support the College's mission and strategic planning initiatives.
* Recommend instructional and general policies, conduct meetings to facilitate planning and collegial decision-making and to keep staff informed about issues and projects for the overall College instructional program.
* Maintain current knowledge of trends and innovations in post-secondary education.
* Participate in scholarly activities related to the School discipline/focus.
* Provide leadership for program improvement, development, and review and recommend changes to maintain relevance of academic programs and to meet student and community needs.
* Promote excellence in learning centered teaching and promote faculty engagement in scholarly activities.
* Ensure School(s) compliance with applicable policies, accreditation standards and legal requirements.
* Deliver assigned classes in accordance with College loading policy and course objectives.
* Develop and maintain course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and other course materials.
* Maintain student records, attendance, grades, and other documentation as required. Maintain a safe, quality classroom/ lab, including equipment, supplies, inventory and maintenance.
CURRICULUM AND PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
* Work with individual program and department chairs and other faculty to plan for curriculum development, modifications, and deletions; set priorities for resource needs; and provide program analysis.
* Facilitate maintenance of relevant curriculum appropriate to the college mission.
* Work with faculty to identify and implement Student Learning Outcomes.
* Coordinate with Student Affairs and Marketing and Communications activities for student recruitment, advising, registration, retention, graduation and other promotional activities.
* Develop secondary and post-secondary linkages, including the facilitation of high school-based dual credit initiatives.
* Facilitate the development of course schedules conducive to student enrollment.
* Participate in career services and alumni activities.
* Develop and manage the School budget consistent with college policy and sound financial management principles.
* Facilitate data-driven analysis of information regarding curriculum related matters.
* Facilitate program review process in timely manner.
* Identify and prioritize School needs, secure available funding, and strategically allocate and re-allocate resources.
* Confer with faculty regarding ideas for program improvement to find resources for development through grants and special projects.
* Interview and participate in selecting employees; orient, train, supervise, develop, evaluate, mentor, counsel, discipline and terminate personnel according to established policies and procedures.
* Facilitate assignment of faculty to classes, monitor schedules and workload for accuracy throughout the semester.
ADVISING AND STUDENT SUCCESS
* Work with faculty and staff to assess students and continuously monitor their progress for success.
* Ensure compliance with College policy to resolve student issues and assist faculty and staff to refer issues (student behavior, gr