Director of Financial Aid
Job no: 507149
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Columbus, IN
Director of Financial Aid
General Purpose and Scope of the position:
Administer a comprehensive financial aid program. Supervise, train, and monitor the performance of financial aid office staff. Maintain and interpret federal, state, and agency laws and regulations. Develop and update financial aid marketing materials.
- Implement the collegewide policies for the financial aid programs, including need analysis, verification of financial information, packaging of aid, disbursement of funds, and supervision of the veterans' benefits programs, etc.
- Establish and maintain the financial aid program as an integral part of the student affairs program of the College.
- Interpret regulations for the administration of programs.
- Ensure proper utilization of the automated system and integrate office procedures to effectively manage student aid programs within an automated system.
- Account for financial aid files for audits.
- Complete reports as required for federal and state aid programs, as well as reports by the College.
- Coordinate the administration of the College's financial aid program with System Office. Participate in staff training, on committees, and the development of policies and procedures.
- Serve as a liaison to outside agencies (such as Voc. Rehab., Workforce Development, Welfare Dept.) to communicate financial aid information regarding their clients. Maintain budgetary control on all financial aid funds including grants, scholarships, loans and college work-study.
- Conduct all activities within the established guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Develop and maintain default management program. Provide proper training and updates on financial aid for office staff such as Banner, need analysis, packaging, counseling, etc.
- Identify and assist in developing new sources of financial aid funding (This includes establishing awarding procedures for the funds).
- Represent the College at professional financial aid meetings, counselor workshops, College Goal Sunday, and high school nights.
- Supervise Financial Staff.
- The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
Five years of financial aid experience with three or more years of supervisory experience.
Degree preferably in a business discipline or public administration. Masters preferred. Experience with financial aid information systems preferred.
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend