Part Time Lab Assistant - Nursing
Job no: 507209
Work type: Part Time Hourly
Location: Bloomington, IN
Categories: Academic Advising/Academic Support
|General Description of Position:
Under the direction and supervision of the School of Nursing Dean and Department Chair, the Nursing Lab Technician will provide technical support for all simulation and lab operations, including, but not limited to: inventory and maintenance of lab equipment and supplies; organization and cleanliness of lab spaces; and operation, maintenance, and repair of lab equipment, including computerized manikins (software and hardware). The Technician will collaborate with full-time faculty to proactively aid with student learning activities. The Technician will also aid in collaboration between the school of nursing, college and community partners.
- Understand the use and operation of various technologies and maintain current knowledge of simulation and lab equipment by participating in technical training as necessary.
- Operate simulation equipment, including high-fidelity and low-fidelity equipment, in conducting scenarios with faculty and students.
- Provide technical assistance, support, and training to faculty in use of simulation and lab equipment, as necessary.
- Program simulation applications and scenarios following recommendations by the Nursing Curriculum Committee.
- Set up and break down simulation and lab equipment and supplies as needed, in collaboration with faculty instructors, to ensure course needs are met.
- Support/assist in role playing applications, props placement, and moulage set-up.
- Ensure labs contain necessary equipment and supplies to enable faculty to utilize labs effectively for Simulation Based Education (SBE) and other student learning activities.
- Receive, audit, and store supplies in designated locations and conduct routine inventory updates.
- Maintain laboratory environment to assure lab security, cleanliness, and safety, including MSDS binders and hazardous waste management.
- Conduct ongoing maintenance of all simulation and lab equipment, including cleaning, repairing, calibrating, and preventative maintenance to ensure that all equipment is maintained in good working order at all times.
- Interface with equipment manufacturers regarding equipment troubleshooting and system problems.
- Provide recommendations to Dean and Department Chair for budgeting and purchase of equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Collaborate with course faculty to develop, coordinate, and maintain lab schedules each semester.
- Collaborate with Dean and Department Chair to report on lab equipment usage, maintenance, repairs, and needs.
- Assist with lab tours to prospective students and visitors as requested and promote positive image of lab facilities.
- Assist with special projects or initiatives as needed.
- Any other duties as may be appropriately assigned or required.
- Proficiency in MS software applications including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Internet and database applications.
- Ability to learn new software and hardware quickly and independently.
- Ability to assess, troubleshoot, and fix equipment failures in a timely fashion.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to organize tasks and space.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate, problem-solve, and make decisions effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with faculty, students, staff, and community partners, including individuals from different disciplines and different levels of training.
- Ability to work well with a diverse student population including people of all ages from academically, culturally, and economically diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding job assignments and student information.
- Flexibility and adaptability in dynamic environment; able to work between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- An LPN would have a great knowledge and skill set needed for this position
- Knowledge of computer hardware equipment and software applications relevant to simulator functions.
- Knowledge of patient simulation, technologies, and applications.
- Knowledge of audio/video equipment and software.
- Basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, and clinical nomenclature.
||Mon-Friday, Day time hours before 6pm.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend