Job no: 507628
Work type: Full Time Hourly
Location: Lake County, IN
Categories: Academic Advising/Academic Support
|General Description of Position:
Serve as administrative assistant to the Schools of Liberal Arts, Science, Education, Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, Public Affairs and Social Services for Lake County.
- Coordinate all academic activities of the department under the direction of the school deans.
- Create adjunct faculty contracts each semester; coordinate and track the distribution between faculty, program chairs, deans, and payroll.
- Arrange for meetings by making room reservations and sending invites to attendees. Record minutes from program chair meetings and advisory board meetings.
- Process Third Time Requests from students to repeat a class.
- Schedule appointments for deans as requested.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for supplies and equipment. Monitor departmental funding/spending for S&E and travel.
- Prepare travel requests for school deans.
- Order textbooks.
- Use the administration software application Banner for data entry and running various reports.
- Provide a high level of customer service by answering and directing phone calls and assisting students with walk-in inquiries regarding the registration process, programs, and courses.
- Prepare and maintain forms, documents, and meeting minutes for each school in the appropriate share drive.
- Type, assemble, and duplicate tests, forms, documents, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the school deans.
High School Diploma or GED with formal secretarial training required. Associate degree preferred. Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office. Data entry experience desired. Must be skilled in English, grammar, spelling, telephone techniques, bookkeeping and problem solving. Must have pleasant disposition, good attitude, and ability to get along with others. Must be a self-starter, well organized, capable of mature judgment, and able to work independently. CONFIDENTIALITY AND TRUSTWORTHINESS ARE TOP PRIORITIES.
Official college transcripts required upon hiring and employment contingent on acceptable criminal background check.
Day, evening and/or Saturday classes, ask hiring manager for hours
||$30,000 - $32,000
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Attach a cover letter, resume and three (3) references (names, address, phone number and email address) copies of transcripts may be requested at time of interview. Original hard copies of transcripts will be required at time of hire.
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend