Sr Budget Analyst
Job no: 507760
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Columbus, IN
|General Description of Position:
||The Senior Budget Analyst will advise department heads across multiple campuses in the creation, development, analysis, implementation, and adaptation of budgetary matters and will aid the Executive Director of Finance with financial reporting across their service area. This position is responsible for budget management for the campuses, as well as the integrity of all financial records and fiscal compliance relevant to College policies and procedures.
- Assists in the development of the campus’s overall budget, and at the departmental level, providing advice and analysis to increase the efficiency of the campus’s spending.
- Creates quarterly reports for the campus board; assists with or produces other reports as requested.
- Assists the Executive Director of Finance by conducting various surveys, research, data analysis, cost-benefit analyses, and expenditure and revenue forecasting.
- Assists with projecting future financial needs and collaborates with the Executive Director of Finance and other members of the campus leadership team to prepare long-term financial plans, and other budget and financial reports.
- Makes recommendations to improve campus fiscal efficiency based on interpretation and organization of financial information.
- Presents budget analysis and recommendations to upper-level management when necessary.
- Develops, organizes, and maintains files, documents, and materials relating to budgetary practices according to college policies.
- Executes transactions within the integrated budget, accounting, and purchasing system, which may include purchase requisitions, contract payment vouchers, budget data entry, appropriation revisions, and salary and budget imports.
- Oversees and compares departmental expenditures to the original budget.
- Attends and actively participates in committees, professional groups, and seminars to stay current regarding new developments and trends in budgeting and finance.
- Monitors changes in the local, state, and federal tax laws, and actively monitors the local economy.
- Provides information and answers to departments regarding budgets, forecasts, surveys, financial trends, and other requested data.
- Prepares financial reports required by Systems Office for state and federal agencies; to be finalized by the Executive Director of Finance
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related business field is required.
3-5 years of experience involving the analytical research and reporting of complex financial data or any combination of relevant experience and education.
||Masters degree, CPA, or CMA preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Thorough understanding of accounting and budgeting principles and practices, statistical methodology, generally accepted accounting principles, and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of financial analysis and economics.
- Basic understanding of and ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis.
- Ability to skillfully perform detailed statistical analyses of budget activities.
- Ability to prepare and present clear, concise administrative and financial reports.
- Ability to work independently and complete work on schedule.
- Ability to interpret financial data contained in reports and ledgers.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with various employees, vendors, stakeholders, and other interested personnel.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend