CNA Instructor - Adjunct Faculty
Job no: 507861
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Madison, IN
Categories: Adjunct Faculty, Adjunct Faculty - Nursing
|General Description of Position:
||Adjunct Faculty positions are temporary, part-time positions hired each semester on an as-needed basis. The adjunct faculty member will be responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided by the School.
• Facilitates student learning by delivering assigned classes in accordance with College policies, course objectives, and the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) requirements.
• Makes optimal use of available technology to enhance instructional methods.
• Develops/maintains course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and materials. Maintains accurate student records, grades, and other requirements.
• Engages with students in meaningful and productive ways that impact student learning and leads to a positive experience with Ivy Tech Community College. Shows evidence of developing and implementing active classroom teaching strategies focused on engaging students with their learning (curricular).
• Interacts with students and co-workers in a professional and cooperative manner. Complies with College policies as well as campus guidelines and expectations.
• Ensures knowledge of and implements emergency and safety procedures for classrooms, labs and all learning environments.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
A qualified faculty member teaching the CNA Preparation course meets all three of the following criteria:
1. Is a licensed registered or practical nurse holding an unencumbered license in the state of Indiana, and
2. Has a minimum of one year of licensed nursing experience, and
3. Completes the required state training session including adult learning theory
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend