Job no: 507880
Work type: Full Time Hourly
Location: Indianapolis, IN
|General Description of Position:
||Performs a variety of HVAC related maintenance and repair tasks on the Central Indiana Regional buildings and equipment. Also completes minor construction projects. Assists in the day-to-day operation of the Facilities Maintenance Department by receiving, prioritizing, issuing and following up on all work orders. Provides input on performance issues for management.
• Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving and desire to identify and support student success.
• Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
• Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student, or an internal or external customer, and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
• Ensures the operation of MEP equipment and systems through testing and repair of defective components, including boilers and HVAC systems
• Monitors and calibrates environmental controls for the comfort of the buildings occupants.
• Checks and assists in maintaining air-handling units exhaust systems, and water treatment systems.
• Activity will include both front-end and hands-on activity, and requires ability to trouble shoot and repair a variety of system components.
• Fix and repair mechanical systems.
• Perform preventative maintenance on all types of systems.
• Ability to perform preventive maintenance such as changing filters, lubing, greasing, changing belts and bearings to maintain existing air-handling units, and exhaust systems.
• Other mechanical and electrical activity pertaining to the above and related systems, or other tasks assigned to the MEP team.
• Ability to learn and monitor Honeywell, Johnson Control Metasys, and Trane Tracer Summit Digital Data Controls (DDC) software program and to daily regulate temperature comfort and control.
• Maintain organization and accountability for materials and tools.
• Escort vendors as needed.
• Position must be able to work swing shift when needed.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent GED.
• Certificate in relevant trade or at least 3 years of documented experience at journey level with commercial HVAC systems.
• Additional experience and familiarity with related condensing boilers, chillers, base-mounted circulating pumps, air handlers and energy recovery equipment controls.
• Familiarity with field sensors, actuators on dampers and control valves.
• Knowledge of system networks and remote reporting devices.
• HVAC refrigeration certification, or ability to pursue, a plus.
• Ability to work with other team members and vendors to complete work.
• Individual must have valid driver’s license and be insurable by the College insurance carrier.
• Must be able to work from blueprints and plans.
• Ability to read, write, and understand instructions relating to maintenance tasks.
• Must have at least three to five years of progressively responsible experience in related maintenance work.
• Must have knowledge of general maintenance work.
• Required to work in a team setting.
• Ability to motivate, coordinate, and interact fully with contractors.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
• Must be highly motivated and possess demonstrated planning, and organization skills.
||• Experience with DAIKIN systems strongly preferred.
The person in this position is required to carry a School Provided phone or 2-way radio and be on call rotation with scheduled call times. Person could be required to work at different locations around the region.
||$38,000 - $45,000
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||7 am to 4 pm Monday though Friday or as assigned.
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend