Part-Time - Security Officer
Job no: 507883
Work type: Part Time Hourly
Location: Indianapolis, IN
|General Description of Position:
||This position exists to provide for the protection and safety of all persons, assets and property on any Ivy Tech Central Indiana Campus. The incumbent actively engages in the prevention and detection of criminal activity or any activity adverse to the higher education environment. The position is responsible for investigating crime. Responsible for reporting all violations of federal, state, and municipal laws, and all operating policies and procedures of Ivy Tech Community College.
* Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving and desire to identify and support student success.
* Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
* Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student, or an internal or external customer, and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
* Provides security as assigned throughout the college buildings and grounds (including parking lots).
* Provides directions to visitors, students, and employees, especially during busy periods such as registration and meetings. Locking and unlocking doors as required.
*Issue and receive keys from cleaning staff.
* As designated, keep traffic moving in the right direction; issue ticket for violations; escort individuals to and from their cars or bus stop upon request.
* Assist in any emergency such as fire, injury or bomb threat, and provide orderly and safe egress of occupants. Assist in the removal or restraint of unruly or disorderly individuals.
* Fill out incident, insurance, accident and other forms as required. Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of information.
* Requires a proper manner and attitudes when in constant contact with employees; students; visitors; ambulance personnel; etc.; and occasional contact with local police and other law enforcement agencies.
* Requires knowledge and understanding of departmental and the organization policies and procedures in addition to knowledge and understanding of designated and approved security measures and practices.
- Must already have or be able to obtain CPR/First Aid/AED certification within three weeks of employment.
- Must have completed FEMA level IS-100 and IS-200 online training.
- Must be able to run, walk, stand or sit for extended period of time.
- Ability to pass fitness test.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic security and fire inspection procedures.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in observing situations and decision making.
- Skill in dealing courteously with public.
- Ability to translate observations and information into legible, complete, and accurate reports.
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather; work long, irregular hours and rotating shifts when
- required; stand and move around for the majority of an assigned shift; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, bend and reach overhead; run when responding to emergencies; ascend and descend multiple flights of stairs or ladders; deal physically with combative individuals; lift equipment; carry fire extinguishers and other emergency equipment.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of departmental and the organization policies and procedures in addition to knowledge and understanding of designated and approved security measures and practices.
- Requires working knowledge of computers and various related software.
- Must successfully complete on-the-job training as determined by the Department.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend