Expectation is 100% focus on customer service:
* Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving and desire to identify and support student success.
* Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
* Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
Recruitment and Outreach:
* Develop and maintain positive relationships with high school guidance counselors and administrators
* Coordinate and conduct informational sessions in high schools and local communities
* Coordinate and participate in on-campus visitation programs
* Attend college fairs within the local communities and in businesses as assigned
* Work with cross-section of co-workers from across the college to promote Ivy Tech programs
* Identify and build relationships with community agencies, social service agencies, and community leaders in order to create awareness about Ivy Tech Community College
* Maintain lead base within CRM to effectively communicate with prospective students
* Provide services required for prospective students to successfully enter the college system and select and schedule first semester courses.
* May be assigned to work with target populations such as Latino/Hispanic, Adults, or African-American.
* May be assigned to provide bilingual services
* Is or becomes knowledgeable in financial aid to use as a comprehensive recruitment tool.
* Report recruitment activities to Director of Admissions on regular basis
* Complete all necessary administrative documentation in a timely manner with 100% accuracy
* Understand and comply with college policies and procedure
* Understand and use SIS, Banner, CRM, and Microsoft Office products
* Ability to communicate effectively via email, IM and chat methods
* Use of PDA necessary for telephone, email and calendar scheduling while on recruitment duties. Other:
* Cross-trained to assist with academic advising during peak registration times and off-site testing as needed.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).