Assistant Director of Development Operations
Job no: 508176
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Evansville, IN
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Other
|General Description of Position:
The Assistant Director will be an integral member of the Evansville campus development team and will organize fundraising events, manage the Annual Funds, maintain donor relations through stewardship and gift processing, implement and execute alumni strategy and engagement, facilitate marketing for eNews, print and digital fundraising, facilitate Circle of Ivy membership renewals as well as scholarship awarding co-facilitation.
* Create and facilitate (in conjunction with development team) an effective donor relations program and operations plan that includes creating a annual gift pipeline, coordinating donor stewardship, and communications.
* Implement the overall strategy and establish the purpose for event fundraising and donor recognition events including the annual scholarship reception.
* Plan and conduct the colleges' Annual Fund campaign including employee giving and managing activities and retention in affinity groups such as Circle of Ivy and Ivy Champions.
* Coordinate alumni fundraising communications and manage the Alumni Council.
* Serve as the development representative on internal committees, as appropriate.
* Manage a portfolio of donors and sponsors (i.e. campus event sponsors) who give at $10,000 and below (and greater, when appropriate).
* Supervise student fundraising associate.
* Process donations.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
* 1-3 years of related experience preferably in higher education, marketing, communications or with a not-for-profit organization.
* Associate degree in marketing, communication, or business with non-profit emphasis.
* Must have ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing with a variety of constituents.
* Must have excellent planning and evaluation skills.
* Must be able to build partnerships with internal and external groups for the overall success of the campaigns and initiatives.
* A working knowledge of principles of philanthropy and fund raising required including annual campaigns, database management and alumni affairs.
* Must be a self-starter and team player.
* Must subscribe to highly ethical standards for fund raising and donor relations.
* Must deal regularly with sensitive and confidential information and financial transactions.
Bachelor’s degree in communication, business, PR/advertising or marketing; or a minor or concentration Public and Non-profit Administration; or 3 years equivalent non-profit experience including events and marketing
Experience with data collection, donor databases preferred but not required
Certificates earned in non-profit development such as Certified Fund Raising Professional
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend