Supt PT TMP
Job no: 508443
Work type: Part Time Hourly - Temporary
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Categories: Academic Advising/Academic Support
|General Description of Position:
Assist the School of Information Technology Program staff in maintaining computers in dedicated GRE lab environment and infrastructure composed of Lab rooms C208, C210, and datacenter in C209.
||1. Assist in the physical setup of lab rooms and datacenter.
2. Assist with imaging, and deployment of computer image in GRE lab rooms.
3. Assist in maintenance/upkeep of computers in GRE lab rooms, including
a. hardware / software repairs
b. Ethernet cable and terminations
e. ASA security firewalls
f. Palo Alto security firewalls
g. Server pods and servers
h. Writing scripts and codes to help maintain computers and equipment.
i. Update/upgrade of all associated operating systems and applications
i. Routers IOS
ii. Switches IOS
4. Assist in day-to-day operations of the computer labs.
5. Able to lift minimum 50 lbs.
6. Assist in keeping lab rooms and datacenter clean, organized, and in good functional condition.
7. Maintain inventory of all computers, laptops, and other equipment used in lab rooms.
8. Provide supervision of lab rooms during open lab hours.
9. Assist Department Chair and School of Information Technology faculty in other duties assigned for productivity improvement and efficient services to all School of Information Technology students and staff.
Good understanding of networking fundamentals (must have completed NETI 105 and NETI 115 or equivalent knowledge level)
• Able to perform basic configuration of switches and routers
• Ability to construct Ethernet cables using various terminators
• Good understanding of Linux operating system
• Able to write scripts
• Good understanding of Windows operating systems, including Windows 10, Windows Server 2013, 2016
• Good understanding of VMs (VMware and Oracle Virtual Box)
• Ability to use remote access technology including SSH
• Good understanding of network topologies
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Good problem-solving skills
• Good communications skills, including good writing skills to document cases, issues that arise and be able to present that information to supervisor
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend